A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Source for Pizza Flour in Houston  (Read 306 times)

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
Source for Pizza Flour in Houston
« on: January 18, 2022, 08:27:34 AM »
Selected Food & Beverage stocks 5Stagioni Pizza Napoletana flour, Caputo Pizzeria, and Caputo Nuvola. Maybe others too.

You can simply show up at their office and pay by credit card. ~$35 for a 50# sack. They are very nice and friendly people.

https://www.selectedfoods.com/
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline mosabrina

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Source for Pizza Flour in Houston
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2022, 11:22:20 AM »
That's a great price. At those prices would you still use organic all purpose and other high gluten flours?

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2022, 02:16:20 PM »
That's a great price. At those prices would you still use organic all purpose and other high gluten flours?

I bought 150#, so I'll probably be using these for a while  ;D
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline mosabrina

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2022, 06:33:28 PM »
I wish more companies would sell 25#. That's a better size for me and the only one that does it is graincraft but I don't like the way that flour browns.

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2022, 02:53:28 AM »
I wish more companies would sell 25#. That's a better size for me and the only one that does it is graincraft but I don't like the way that flour browns.

Check local pizzerias, bakeries in your area and ask them if they would make an order for you or split a bag with you. Also local flour mills will often sell quite a range of bulk products at wholesale pricing. Last time I got Kyrol from our local mill 6 blocks away, 50 pound bag was 12-15 bucks! Split it up with friends!
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”-----------Mark Twain

"If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve."---------The Root Beer Lady

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth."---------Muhammad Ali

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress