A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Relative newbie/Pizza Beddia Dough Recipe  (Read 220 times)

Offline jsg199

• I Love Pizza!
Relative newbie/Pizza Beddia Dough Recipe
« on: February 13, 2022, 01:10:46 PM »
Hi, all.  Relatively new to making homemade dough.  I've been using the Pizza Beddia/Pizza Camp recipe and have had good results.  I'm posting some thoughts/questions below.  Thanks!

1) Although I like the recipe/ingredient list, I've needed to watch YouTube videos to practice and master the dough kneading/balling techniques.  I have a Kitchen Aid mixer but have wanted to master mixing and kneading by hand.
2) I think the thing I'm struggling with the most at this point is getting the dough into a very round, taut ball.  See some pics below.  I'm doing ok, but perhaps not as ball-like as it should be?
3) The recipe calls for active dry yeast but to use cool water.  I thought you needed to use warm water to activate active dry yeast?  I've considered trying instant yeast to see how that goes. 
4) Yesterday I made the dough and cut in half.  One pie came out nice and fluffy, and the other came out really thin, with almost no rise.  I know that I did stretch out this second dough a little more and ended up cooking the pie a little longer -- would that account for the second pie being so thin? 
« Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 05:50:21 PM by Pete-zza »

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress