A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
Off-Topic Foods / Re: Today's Bread
« Last post by Timpanogos Slim on Today at 02:13:45 AM »
I think i need to reduce the quantity of dough i am making for these pullmans.

I didn't take pictures of the previous batch but it was too dense for sure.

I tried to get close to a strict 600g per 9-inch pullman this time and had about 110g left over, an awkward quantity, so i put it in the 2" cube pullman and left the lid off, to make this little loaflet, which was on the dense side -- I think that pan would be ideal for maybe 75g of dough.

So i ate it while it was warm.

Pizza Ovens / Re: Ooni koda 2 Max
« Last post by Quebert on Today at 01:31:32 AM »
24"'s a lot bigger than 16 I wonder how it doesn't look huge compared to the Koda 16.  Looking at the other pic, the one I posted is on the medium table actually, since it's 23x31 I'm surprised it fits.  I'm really hoping this is $999. Ooni was already pretty pricey and in the last few years they've jacked all their prices up a decent chunk so that's probably wishful thinking lol. Hopefully one of the elites here will buy it and make a video of them doing 4 pizzas at the same time. That would be insane

I better start saving for this now, the Arc does look a whole lot nicer IMHO, but I'm sold on the size of this. And if you can accurately set the temp with a number and it'll hit and stay around that temp, that would be a game changer for me. I remember it was an endless struggle with my Koda 12 to get the temp where I wanted it lol.

Also a home made 24" party pizza would be fun, now I gotta go google 24" peels.
Home Ovens / Re: New Ooni Koda 24
« Last post by mosabrina on Today at 01:22:07 AM »
When I cook for a crowd I will do 2-12" in the Emozione. I will stretch and build pizza 1 on a Super Peel. I then stretch and build pizza 2 on a wood peel, launch, then immediately move pizza 1 onto the wood peel and launch. Works well. I'm not sure if I cut out much time by doing this vs one at a time, but it works better for serving a crowd to have a couple pizzas come out at the same time.

I agree though. It's probably not necessary.

would launching directly from the superpeel work?

In one of the ooni groups I remember a guy saying he would make 3 pizzas for his family (so everyone would eat at the same time) and he would stretch/top 3 pizzas at once and bake back to back (60 seconds each pie). I was thinking a superpeel would work in that scenario as he can build 3 on the counter and then just pick them up and launch

he was needing a fairly excessive amount of semolina to keep them from sticking
Prep Equipment / Re: Dough Mixer Help
« Last post by Raf77 on Today at 12:56:32 AM »
As i'm young (47) and strong
I'm carrying the Grilletta im5 up and down  stairs, every time I need it.
General Pizza Making / Re: Borealis Pizza!
« Last post by kori on Today at 12:39:54 AM »
Late night batch of sourdough.
Pizza Cheese / Re: How to cut the cheese.
« Last post by Timpanogos Slim on Today at 12:16:39 AM »
Most fun cutting the cheese is when you are in an elevator, car with your boss or on an airplane when they power down and everyone if getting off of the plane. Thats when I read on the internet. ymmv

Or during a quiet, tense scene in a movie when you're in the middle of a crowded theater.
Neapolitan Style / Re: Poolish
« Last post by abelgarcia on Today at 12:03:52 AM »
Looks amazing!

Why are you done with poolish?

My title "Poolish" is history and i hope that moderator could change it to "Ruota di Carro" forexample, becauce this is going to be way i`m heading.
Latest recipe was ; Caputo Nuvola 1000gr, water 700gr, salt 2,9%, fresh yeast 1%, Ischia SD 6%. Bulk 12h RT at 21c and balled 12h RT at 21c. It was one of best in all ways. Mixing method is similar as da Michele; first all water to bowl, then salt and mixed well. Then yeast and SD and without delay 84% of flour. When most of flour is added, put rest of flour in and mix 20 minutes, so dough temp is about 24c. Im using Famag Grilletta 8S mixer.
Detroit Style / Re: DSP whole wheat flour mix
« Last post by foreplease on Yesterday at 11:39:39 PM »
I have made several DSPs we thought were good using General Mills UBAP at 70% HR with a couple stretch and folds. I liked how light they were. For structure in the pizza you put on the table, some or all of it being BF is easier. I do it both ways.

Given your circumstances, I think I would add a couple stretch and folds and stick with the AP. Im not a big fan of -meaning I do not trust myself - with par-baking but I think it is something you should try on a couple AP DS while you are on the island, stretch and fold the dough in bulk, then divide and begin working it out to to the edges of you pans. with a light coat of sauce. Complete this minutes before you intend to complete each pizza and finish the base. I think in this instance it would be a good thing for you to try. Hope this helps and that the pizzas turn out well.
Pizza Ovens / Re: Broken refractory base
« Last post by piexperience on Yesterday at 10:43:20 PM »
I have a large piece of steel from an old flat grill that has been decommissioned, should do the job well. Time to pull out the torch.
Thank you all for the input and advice, I really appreciate it.
Off-Topic Foods / Re: Steak!
« Last post by FeCheF on Yesterday at 10:36:11 PM »
I was gonna say 40F

You forget carry over, Plus he might have brought to room temp before tossing on the fire.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
wordpress