A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: The last mile to good tasting pizza: Help with sauce and cheese and spices  (Read 905 times)

Offline piesofsatan

• regular slice not too hot boss
    • Three Slice Joints on Instagram
Thanks!

Yea I'm driving my wife nuts with all the different brands of cheeses, basically if I see a new one in the store I'm down to try it  ;D

For mozzarella I'm using Galbani LMPS and have the whole milk variety as well. The cheddar is cabot mild white cheddar (this is definitely a keeper of everything I tried). And the provolone I like and am able to get are slices of Belgioso's mild provolone. Still searching for a parmesan... I have tried basically everything I can get my hands on, even super expensive multi-year aged DOP varieties.

I asked around about wholesalers in my area (Vermont) and someone chimed in with this place https://gmfservice.com/pages/about-us. It's an hour and half away but they carry a ton of Stanislaus products which I have been dying to try. I'm pretty sure Tomato Magic is going to be it (famous last words), I'm planning on driving down there next week. This crappy thing is that they don't seem to carry Mozzarella cheese. I'd love to get my hands on grande's east coast or mozzarella cheddar blend.

Tomatoes, yikes. I have tried SO MANY and have been let down by almost all of them... perhaps I just have covid and have no sense of taste or smell  :-D

But I have tried bianco dinapoli, gustiamo, cento, pastine, tuttorosso, and others that are not worth mentioning. I have found that I like sauce I don't mess with. I have just been pureeing it and adding some sugar. My plan when I get Tomato Magic is to do nothing with them.

Some good grated Romano down on top of the sauce before the mozz is a huge boost for me in terms of getting *that* flavor you're looking for. Give it a shot if you haven't yet

A D V E R T I S E M E N T