A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Second stone/steel  (Read 118 times)

Offline jumpsuit23

• I Love Pizza!
Second stone/steel
« on: April 19, 2021, 11:38:42 AM »
Hi all! I am currently reading through the Pizza Bible by Tony Gemignani and I'm intrigued by his two stone method. I currently I have a relatively small and circular pizza stone from pampered chef that I've been using. And I want to add a second implement to my arsenal.

I guess my question is what should I get? Should I get a second stone or a steel. And if a stone, what material? And also and brands that have served you all well would be nice to know. Honestly just want to go into this purchase with the right knowledge. Thanks everyone!

Offline mrlandpirate

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Second stone/steel
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2021, 11:50:38 AM »
I use stone on bottom shelf of my oven skip 1 space then 3/8 steel both 16x16 preheat for 1hr. I do NY 14" in 6 to 8 min. and get perfect results

oh ya cant remember the brands
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 11:53:48 AM by mrlandpirate »

Offline Pizza_Not_War

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2021, 07:40:14 PM »
I have multiple stones and one steel. I only use the steel at this point, near the top of the oven and turn on broiler if I need a bit more top color on the pizza. Wimpy pizza stones can't compete with steel IMO. 4-6 minutes in my oven at 540-550F.

Offline jumpsuit23

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2021, 08:17:49 PM »
I'm leaning towards getting the steel. Any suggestions to particular brands?
Also I would like to hear if anyone has used Gemignani's technique of using two stones and their experience with it and opinions.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress