A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Luigi's Pizza in Brooklyn (5th Ave)  (Read 2520 times)

Offline hammettjr

• Supporting Member
  • Matt
Re: Luigi's Pizza in Brooklyn (5th Ave)
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2022, 08:00:53 PM »
Wow, looks awesome.

The top of the pie looks pretty much like what I want. The bottom looks good too.

Interesting observation about the dough ball. I'm tempted to re-watch the Luigi's video with Frank Pinello. I think they prepped some pies. (I'll link the video here when I get to it.)

And, did you say "impossible sauce flavors"?!?

Edit: I actually watched the PROTG video a couple days ago, just pulled it up again. Look how thin his slice is. I like yours better. I'm surprised there's that much difference. Maybe the fermentation you noticed?

Edit #2 - just watched the Frank Pinello video. Definitely worth watching. Luigi's starts at 17:35. Video below.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2022, 08:36:34 PM by hammettjr »
Matt

Offline wb54885

• Supporting Member
  • provare per credere
Re: Luigi's Pizza in Brooklyn (5th Ave)
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2022, 10:24:34 PM »
Alright impossible sauce flavors is not strictly, literally accurate. But we have a couple mentions here about it maybe being cooked, and somewhere I saw reference to the family herb garden...who knows, but this was definitely special. Also, I could swear the slice I had 3 years ago was not at this level, but maybe I just wasn't ready for it yet. It was very thin for sure, might be hard to tell from my pics. Come try it out!
Every oven is a law unto itself and only itself.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T