A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Chicago Thin Crust  (Read 447 times)

Offline redox

Chicago Thin Crust
« on: October 04, 2022, 04:36:59 PM »
Pre-heated oven to 500F but forgot to turn it down to 450F at launch. So it baked at 500F for 6 1/2 minutes till I noticed it and then turned it down to 450F for another 1 1/2 minutes, for a total of 8 minutes. Normally I bake it for 9 to 10 minutes at 450F. Still came out very good.

Offline Ed LaCrosse

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Chicago Thin Crust
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2022, 12:30:10 PM »
Looks tasty!  Any details on dough and sauce recipes you used?  Cheese blend?

I love Chicago thin pizza and just got back from a trip to Illinois, where four of us ate a "Super Six" at Aurelio's original location in Homewood.  It was excellent, as always.  I've tried several variations on the Aurelio's clone and other Chicago thin recipes here and have done OK, but they just don't compare to the real thing, especially the crust and the sauce.  But it's fun to keep trying!

Offline Garvey

• I wish could have pizza every day.
Re: Chicago Thin Crust
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2022, 01:41:52 PM »
Looks tasty!  Any details on dough and sauce recipes you used?  Cheese blend?

I love Chicago thin pizza and just got back from a trip to Illinois, where four of us ate a "Super Six" at Aurelio's original location in Homewood.  It was excellent, as always.  I've tried several variations on the Aurelio's clone and other Chicago thin recipes here and have done OK, but they just don't compare to the real thing, especially the crust and the sauce.  But it's fun to keep trying!

I agree.  I cannot make anything that tastes like Aurelio's, tho I have def tried!

A D V E R T I S E M E N T