A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Subito Cotto 80 v Valoriani Baby 75  (Read 3637 times)

Offline ilya_n

Re: Subito Cotto 80 v Valoriani Baby 75
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2021, 12:44:35 PM »
Good looking pizzas!!! Enjoy! One observation from turning the pizza - the sliding plastic piece is to help you hold the peel and not burn the hand. Whatever you do, donít let it slide into the oven :) it can melt pretty quickly.

I finally got my white SC80 and in the middle of curing process. Up to 250įC at the moment. Few more curing days and good to bake first pizzas. Canít wait but taking low and slow :)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2021, 12:49:44 PM by ilya_n »

Offline hip_modernism

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2021, 01:43:38 PM »
Thanks!

RE turner plastic piece, hah yeah I know I was pretty flustered with everything going on and that was a real silly error. When I saw in the video I had done that I was likeÖdo I still post this? But probably a pretty authentic representation of where Iím at  :-D

Post when you get your oven all cured!

Offline ilya_n

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2021, 06:10:31 PM »
Thanks!

RE turner plastic piece, hah yeah I know I was pretty flustered with everything going on and that was a real silly error. When I saw in the video I had done that I was likeÖdo I still post this? But probably a pretty authentic representation of where Iím at  :-D

Post when you get your oven all cured!

Baked this focaccia with the residual heat post 250įC curing. Wow this oven can keep constant temperature compared to the previous stainless steel oneÖ canít wait for the pizzas.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2021, 06:12:11 PM by ilya_n »

Offline jsobolew

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2021, 04:13:58 PM »
How did you guys get your Zio Ciro ovens in the US? Every month or two I check back in with the US distributor and he again tells me maybe they will get a shipment in next month but they're not taking orders.

Offline ilya_n

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2021, 04:32:36 PM »
How did you guys get your Zio Ciro ovens in the US? Every month or two I check back in with the US distributor and he again tells me maybe they will get a shipment in next month but they're not taking orders.

My SC80 wood/gas was showing as one in stock. Placed an order and worked with Manuel who was amazing. Really wanted a black but there were none in stock and only one white that I got. I think there were a few red gas ones. Manuel did advise that next batch should come around January-February with a 20% price increase.

Offline hip_modernism

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2021, 05:47:33 PM »
Baked this focaccia with the residual heat post 250įC curing. Wow this oven can keep constant temperature compared to the previous stainless steel oneÖ canít wait for the pizzas.

Ahh looks beautiful. I gotta learn to make focaccia, looking forward to utilizing phases of the ovens cooldown cycle.

Offline hip_modernism

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2021, 05:52:59 PM »

Pretty much same story for me as with ilya_n, some were showing in stock at the time and Manuel was communicated super well about what the pipeline was looking like (I dithered back and forth for half a year before finally pulling the trigger).

I have friends in a few countries who use WhatsApp so I had it on my phone already, and Manuel used that to communicate with me. Made it really easy to realtime questions, send photos/videos back and forth (I had various questions about the site I was installing it in).

Are you not getting the SC-80 perhaps, but a different model? Maybe the model you are looking at has bigger stock problems, I think for the 60 that may be the case.

FWIW, I am SUPER glad Manuel talked me into the 80 and not the 60. I think fire management and keeping a chunk of floor carved out for my pizza would have been much trickier. The 80 is the way to go, and it doesn't even feel that big once you are up and running in terms of interior oven space (the external dimensions OTOH, it's still huge!).

Offline Wheelhouse_Pizza762

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2022, 06:38:22 PM »
Hey Folks -- Just wondering if anyone has opinions on these two.

I'm considering buying one of these ovens, interested in something really high quality but still movable since I may not be in my forever home. I currently have a Roccbox, which I will probably keep for days when I am feeling lazy and want to use propane. So I am just pricing the wood versions.

I've spoken with the US distributor for Valoriani, Mugnanani, for the Baby (aka Piccolo) 75 which came to $5500 with shipping. The Subito Cotto 80 has comparable floor space and is $3000 (unsure on shipping cost).

It seems like the main difference between the two really comes down to heat retention, the Valoriani from the youtube videos I've watched and what little i've been able to find online comparing the two, has much much better retention.

For sure getting stuck in this headspace where it's like "Well, I'm already spending thousands of dollars on an oven, should I not just go for it and get the BEST and be done with it?" But a 66% price premium on thee Valoriani, not exactly chump change.

By the by, the Mugnanani rep told me something absolutely wild on the phone. Over email he said even though they shipped with gas burners (the drago avanzini p0 or p1) Mugnanani said you must use a hard line (natural gas or propane) and never a tank. On the phone he basically said, once the tank is empty the flame can get sucked back into the tank and...well, he seemed to infer that the whole thing might explode lmao. So they will now only recommend hard line connections. We had a contractor cut through our gas line last summer, resulting in no less than five fire trucks to show up and the evacuation of our entire neighborhood (was nice to catch up with the neighbors though!). So when I told my wife about this requirement you can imagine how excited she was to get back into the world of gas lines.

Any takes on these two ovens is much appreciated, I know they are both great.
A mugnaini rep told me the same thing. I found it surprising since the zio sc80 can use a standard propane tank.  I could swear in Hinzes review on youtube he was using a portable tank. I was leaning to valoriani, but if that gas tank issue is legit it puts me back to the zio.

Offline Elchimi

• I Love Pizza!
Subito Cotto 80 v Valoriani Baby 75
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2022, 06:42:01 PM »
Iíll get the Zio Ciro 80 with natural gas line. I think most of the customers probably use propane tanks for the 80 which apparently works just fine.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2022, 06:52:41 PM by Elchimi »

Offline ilya_n

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2022, 06:54:13 PM »
Iíll get the Zio Ciro 80 with natural gas line.

Great choice! I love every moment of using my sc80 wood/NG which has been almost once a week since I got it unless itís absolutely miserable outside.

I gotta say I got lazy with the gas convenience and have been using gas about 90% of the cooks. Iím planning to use more firewood when dining outside for the ambience and that fireplace smell. As far as as pizza taste - thereís really no difference between gas and wood.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2022, 07:00:29 PM by ilya_n »

Offline amolapizza

• Lifetime Member
  • If pizza is food for the gods, what are we..
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2022, 09:22:04 PM »
IMO (but I have limited experience), gas is the superior option, though wood is more romantic..
Jack

Effeuno P134H (500C), Biscotto Fornace Saputo, Sunmix Sun6, Caputo Pizzeria, Caputo Saccorosso, Mutti Pelati.

Offline Elchimi

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2022, 09:24:17 PM »
IMO (but I have limited experience), gas is the superior option, though wood is more romantic..
Yes thatís why I order the combo. Canít really do wood if youíre fully time working all week

wordpress