A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Wooden stand for indoor WFO  (Read 382 times)

Offline JeffB13

• I Love Pizza!
Wooden stand for indoor WFO
« on: January 08, 2022, 12:53:15 AM »
Hello,
I'm looking at installing a Forno Bravo Casa2G-90 indoors during my kitchen remodel. I'm planning on reinforcing the floor from below to support the weight, but I'm not too interested in a cinderblock stand in the house.  Forno Bravo sells a metal stand, but it's nearly $1500 and that seems silly for what it is. 

4x4s would easily support the weight. Has anyone seen a stand made of wood?  Is there a reason not to do this indoors? Only thing I can think of is heat, but with all the insulation that's used I don't think that would be an issue.

Thanks
Jeff

Online Pizza_Not_War

• Supporting Member
Re: Wooden stand for indoor WFO
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2022, 01:10:47 AM »
Only issue I see is that if you are getting permits for the work, the inspector may have a problem. I recall when I was planning to install an indoor oven the little details of the flue part of the project was costing more than everything else. I gave up and didn't spend the dollars for it.

Online Jon in Albany

• Lifetime Member
    • Jon In Albany Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2022, 01:14:20 AM »
I have seen a stand or two made with wood but both were outside. I think one was a dry stack.

My first stop would be checking in with your town's building inspector to see if they would allow it. They probably want to see your chimney plan too. Maybe you could make something yourself out of metal, but check in with the local inspectors and go with what makes them happy.

Offline 02ebz06

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2022, 10:26:18 AM »
Why not have a local metal shop make a steel stand for you.
Would be a lot cheaper, and no shipping charges.
Bruce here... My cooking toys --> Pizza Party Emizione, Pellet Grill, Pellet Smoker, Propane Griddle, Propane Grill

A D V E R T I S E M E N T