A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Valoriani Baby 75 / Piccolo 75 for Neapolitan Pizzas  (Read 451 times)

Offline chrisdias

• I Love Pizza!
Valoriani Baby 75 / Piccolo 75 for Neapolitan Pizzas
« on: March 18, 2022, 02:13:40 PM »
Hi - I've been using a Pizza Party Pizzone (with Saputo floor tiles) for a few years now and have it pretty well dialed in, but I want to up my game a bit.  I really like the oven but want something with a dome that will retain heat.

I've been looking at the Valoriani Baby 75/Piccolo 75 and was wondering if anyone had one and had feedback on it. 

Pros:
- The biggest thing is that it has a dome that will retain heat. The PP is great but you really have to manage the fire and get the pie in at just the right time to get an even bake on top/bottom.
- It is still "mobile" (even though its 600+ lbs). Not sure that we'll stay in our house forever so building something in seems like a bad idea
- It looks like you can custom order one to get it tiled instead of the standard 3 colors

Concerns:

- The total cooking surface area is slightly less, by like 70 square inches. I don't think it will be an issue as that's basically the corners of the rectangle, but no one ever regretted buying a larger <anything> :)
- I have the Saputo floor of the Pizzone and I get a great char on the bottom. I'm guessing a Valoriani is going to be great here, but I've never tried one. 
- Door is an inch narrower at the bottom. I use a 13" peel so it will still fit fine.

Thanks,
Chris

(I know there is another recent Valoriani Baby 75 thread but it seems to have diverged into a Subito Cotto 80 discussion)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2022, 02:15:57 PM by chrisdias »

A D V E R T I S E M E N T