A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Looking for suggestions for an oven  (Read 576 times)

Offline nsfr1206

• I Love Pizza!
Looking for suggestions for an oven
« on: May 28, 2022, 07:29:06 AM »
I have a Koda 16 with the Oonihack rotating stone and a stock Koda 12. We cooked 49 pizzas at a local coffee place last evening with only about 1 being done on the 12. My biggest problem is that the stone on the 16 cooled off enough in the center that I made a couple doughy centers and had to cook them another pizza. Also as I cooked the times got longer and longer as the oven cooled off. I usually turned the gas up in between pies and even took some short breaks from cooking to try to heat it back up.

So obviously the Koda 16 isnt made for cooking back to back pizzas for an extended length of time.  Im looking for suggestions or recommendations for a hearth oven that I can make mobile. I can mount it on a trailer or a stand that can be moved. I just want something durable enough to haul around carefully and with enough heat soakable mass to make back to back pizzas possible. Id really like the capability of wood and gas too. It would also be nice if it was large enough to do at least 2 12 pizzas at a time.

Offline Simone

• Vendor
  • Pizza Party for very pizza lovers
    • Pizzapartyshop.com
Re: Looking for suggestions for an oven
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2022, 03:10:17 AM »
Pizza Party in the may 2022 restarted the selling to worldwide!!

CONTACT ME FOR THE DISCOUNT CODE FOR FORUM MEMBERS

Genotema Surl - Original italian pizza ovens Pizza Party producer

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
    • Pizza Anarchy
Re: Looking for suggestions for an oven
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2022, 01:21:28 PM »
It will be tough without a fair amount of mass in the floor and dome.  That is why commercial pizza ovens weigh 8,000 pounds.  I'm not saying it can't be done, just that it won't be easy or consistent, which is the most important thing for a commercial food product.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T