A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Made in N.Y. West Village Location  (Read 445 times)

Online GumbaWill

• My canvas is a blank pizza skin
    • Will Falzon, The Brooklyn Maltese
Made in N.Y. West Village Location
« on: April 08, 2022, 05:13:15 PM »
I got to try two newish Greenwich Village pizzerias this week.

The first is Village Square. I had a single Sicilian slice from the corner that was sitting. I was underwelmed. Good slice nothing to write home about.

Tonight, I had a pie delivered (Slice.com) from the West Village location of made in N.Y. Well, let me tell you Even cold, (it arrived cold) My kind of pie. I would not be the least bit surprised if this place is owned by a Joe's Carmine street insider. From the ultra-thin charred base to the sweet sauce. This is Joe's clone. The after-bake finishing cheese was a very tasty twist, to one of my all-time favorites! Does anyone know of the origins of this spot?
From their menu
New Margherita Pizza
Sauce, pecorino romano, post oven stracciatella, basil, extra virgin olive oil.

Edited to add.
Another joe's attribute, these are huge 20" slices. I have not seen 20" anywere but Joes's. That not saying much, I don't get around althat much. Smile...
« Last Edit: April 08, 2022, 05:19:12 PM by GumbaWill »
Will Falzon
The Brooklyn Maltese

Online GumbaWill

• My canvas is a blank pizza skin
    • Will Falzon, The Brooklyn Maltese
Re: Made in N.Y. West Village Location
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2022, 05:40:47 PM »
I got to try two newish Greenwich Village pizzerias this week.

The first is Village Square. I had a single Sicilian slice from the corner that was sitting. I was underwelmed. Good slice nothing to write home about.

Tonight, I had a pie delivered (Slice.com) from the West Village location of made in N.Y. Well, let me tell you Even cold, (it arrived cold) My kind of pie. I would not be the least bit surprised if this place is owned by a Joe's Carmine street insider. From the ultra-thin charred base to the sweet sauce. This is Joe's clone. The after-bake finishing cheese was a very tasty twist, to one of my all-time favorites! Does anyone know of the origins of this spot?
From their menu
New Margherita Pizza
Sauce, pecorino romano, post oven stracciatella, basil, extra virgin olive oil.

Edited to add.
Another joe's attribute, these are huge 20" slices. I have not seen 20" anywere but Joes's. That not saying much, I don't get around althat much. Smile...

Update.
The one bite guy review says that Made in NY stole the spicy Spring street formula. I'll bet dollars to donuts they have the inside track on Joe's formula too! That's just my humble opinion.

https://onebite.app/restaurant/made-in-new-york-pizza-new-york-ny-66a064cd
Will Falzon
The Brooklyn Maltese

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
Re: Made in N.Y. West Village Location
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2022, 12:18:13 PM »
possible the Joe's Information came from this site.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T