A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Worst Pizza in your city  (Read 1590 times)

Offline arabpizzalover

Worst Pizza in your city
« on: July 27, 2022, 09:31:36 PM »
I'm not one to bash small businesses. On my yelp account I never post bad reviews. With that said I recently paid $13 for two slices and a coke at the worst pizzeria I've ever been to. Now me calling it a pizzeria gives it way too much justice. The place is take out only which I am usually ok with considering the quality of the food. The place is called Pizza Stone in Roseville CA.

I lived in the Bay Area most of my life and I even lived in Orange County at one point. This place tops any Pizza I've had in the state of California as being the worst. The ironic thing is they use All Trumps flour and Grande cheese. The crust was the main element that made this pizza awful
 It's literally on the level of bad Elementary School pizza. Even Little Ceasars has better pizza than these guys  Rant Over

I'd love to hear from the rest of you about your worst local pizza experience.

Offline Pizza_Not_War

• Supporting Member
Re: Worst Pizza in your city
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2022, 10:19:03 PM »
There are many of them in Portland. They all have a crust that has the same taste and texture. I rarely buy pizza out because it's usually a waste of money and time.

Offline stickyD

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2022, 12:39:03 AM »
A place called Pizzaria Einstein, this was years ago but it still exists, regardless of the bad pizza or using Einstein's image without license.

The pizza was delivered to our table but appeared cheese-less. After a bite I concluded it was cheese-less and called over the server, imaging there was a mixup. She reassured me cheese was put onto the pizza, but that it evaporates in the oven because of its poor quality.

Offline foreplease

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2022, 06:20:09 AM »
I’m sure I would agree with you arabpizzalover if I ever had the misfortune of trying that pizza. As with all matters of taste, as they say, “there is no accounting for taste.” Somewhere out there are people who think this is the best pizza they ever had.

It’s similar to something I say to my wife once in a while in our travels. I’ll see some beater car or one of a color that just seems ludicrous. I say to her “It’s hard to believe somebody bought that car new once and liked it.” Yet, somebody did.
-Tony

Offline Hanglow

• The next one will be better
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2022, 07:32:31 AM »
There is a place here called "Best Kebab" that is a bit of a local joke as it is anything but. I've not had the pizza from there but I'd bet money on it being the worst, which would be quite a feat.

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2022, 11:05:46 AM »
Worst (commercial) pizza in and around Houston? Pretty much all of them.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline Jon in Albany

• Lifetime Member
    • Jon In Albany Blog
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2022, 12:09:07 PM »
Worst (commercial) pizza in and around Houston? Pretty much all of them.
It's closed locally, but CiCi's pizza is the worst I've had. It was awful.

Just looked at the locations to see if it was still a chain. Looks like there are 12 in the Houston area.

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2022, 12:21:41 PM »
Is CiCi's really pizza or is it PLS (Pizza-Like Substance)?
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  

Offline Jon in Albany

• Lifetime Member
    • Jon In Albany Blog
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2022, 01:13:39 PM »
Is CiCi's really pizza or is it PLS (Pizza-Like Substance)?
that's a good description.

Offline RHawthorne

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2022, 01:29:03 PM »
It just goes to show that quality (or at least generally well liked) ingredients don't guarantee a good finished product. It's all about the end user.
If we're not questioning the reason for our existence, then what the hell are we doing here?!

Offline Pizza_Not_War

• Supporting Member
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2022, 01:56:26 PM »
When I lived in Florida I recall a franchise outlet of Fox's pizza. Pretty sure it's gone. You could eat it when it was hot, but it became cardboard when cooked. I'd be curious if others have tried it because they still have lots of locations.

Offline arabpizzalover

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2022, 02:03:12 PM »
It's closed locally, but CiCi's pizza is the worst I've had. It was awful.

Just looked at the locations to see if it was still a chain. Looks like there are 12 in the Houston area.

Funny you mention Cicis. I always saw TV spots for them and I even heard them on the Radio yet they had zero locations in the Bay Area. They had a few locations in Southern California but I just found out that they no longer exist. So Cici's is completely non existent in the state that I live in and now I know why. Before I learned how to make good pizza I was curious to try them out lol. I'm glad I never did. I did try one Pizza buffet that kinda sucked and is a bit lesser known yet popular with families because they video games for the kids. It's called John's Incredible Pizza. I had it over 10 years ago and I don't recall it being any good.

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2022, 02:06:41 PM »
It just goes to show that quality (or at least generally well liked) ingredients don't guarantee a good finished product. It's all about the end user.

Even if they buy Pizza Flour?   ;D

Offline arabpizzalover

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2022, 02:11:36 PM »
There is a place here called "Best Kebab" that is a bit of a local joke as it is anything but. I've not had the pizza from there but I'd bet money on it being the worst, which would be quite a feat.

I was tempted to look them up. Their pizza looks like typical chain pizza in the US but their kabab or attempt at middle eastern food looks ridiculously bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's as if  McDonald's made an attempt at promoting that type of food for the masses. It amazes me how such places that put out such bad food stay in business for years and make so much money. I assume that business must have a prime location.

Offline Hanglow

• The next one will be better
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2022, 04:01:01 PM »
Lots of drunk students I think  :-D

Offline waltertore

• Lifetime Member
  • HANDMADE SICILIAN/GRANDMA PANS
    • Smiling With Hope Pizza
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2022, 04:23:59 PM »
Growing up in Metro NYC, with a mother from Italy that cooked every meal, all my friends, relatives, shops/restaurants, made similar quality food, I assumed the whole world ate that way.  Once I started traveling the country with my music, I found out different.  Now, owning a pizzeria in Reno, NV, I have come to a conclusion.  Great food is in the eye of the beholder.  If you think it is great, that is all that matters  :)
PURCHASE OUR HANDMADE 22 GAUGE COLD ROLLED STEEL SICILIAN/GRANDMA PANS
https://www.swhenterprises.com/

Offline jsaras

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2022, 07:58:50 PM »
There’s little difference between the best and the worst pizza in my city. 
Things have never been more like today than they are right now.

Offline Yael

• Supporting Member
  • French Pizza !
    • my Wechat page
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2022, 03:37:01 AM »
I'd love to know how's the worst pizza in the US (and even France) compared to the worse pizza in China  ;D
“Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist” - Pablo Picasso

Offline arabpizzalover

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2022, 06:08:54 AM »
Growing up in Metro NYC, with a mother from Italy that cooked every meal, all my friends, relatives, shops/restaurants, made similar quality food, I assumed the whole world ate that way.  Once I started traveling the country with my music, I found out different.  Now, owning a pizzeria in Reno, NV, I have come to a conclusion.  Great food is in the eye of the beholder.  If you think it is great, that is all that matters  :)

What's the name of your establishment?

Offline RHawthorne

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2022, 10:33:50 AM »
There’s little difference between the best and the worst pizza in my city.
No wonder you make your own! I wouldn't say the same is true in my town, but I still like my own way better than any I can buy anywhere near me.
If we're not questioning the reason for our existence, then what the hell are we doing here?!

wordpress