A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: What is the Perfect Oven?  (Read 534 times)

Offline Ricko

• I Love Pizza!
What is the Perfect Oven?
« on: July 03, 2020, 01:26:14 PM »
I stumbled across this thread which showed what I'd consider the perfect home oven. https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=38478.msg385293#msg385293

Reading through this thread I find that this oven is at least 40 years old and I believe it said it was a model 90M-1. Well as luck would have it these gems are few and far between which are very rare or do not happen very often. Yet it seemed to be the perfect size for the home pie, it could comfortably be wheeled out of the garage, the perfect size, and it had been converted to lp. To me this is the perfect set-up! But as I mentioned they're as scarce as hens teeth. So my question is what do you folks consider the next best oven brand to be in this deck style that one should be able to pick-up used at a reasonable price and convert to lp as well as making mobile? Blodgett can't be the only brand for deck ovens out there.

Offline Chef Crispy

• Shes my pizza pie with a lots a mozzarella
    • chefcrispy.com
Re: What is the Perfect Oven?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2021, 10:36:28 PM »
Did you get one yet?  I have had 2 blodgett s in my garage for 2.5 years and another sitting outside.  About a year ago I gutted and cleaned one up real good and replaced multiple parts to covert to LP.  Ive spoke to a few licensed oven techs and am unsure if itís worth putting more money into.  Doing a staycation here shortly and this at the top of the priority list.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T