A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
Update:

Best place/price I've found for Australians is from: https://www.biscottostones.com/products/biscotto-stone-for-ooni-koda-16

Still very pricey at around $320aud shipped to door

I'm looking for alternatives such as Fire bricks.
Newbie Topics / Basic Cold proofing question
« Last post by Sportsphysio on Today at 01:12:25 AM »
This is going to be a very dumb question, but I need to askÖ.
After cold proofing your dough balls and removing them from the fridge to allow them to get to room temp, do you keep them in the air tight container, or do you uncover them?

Thanks in advance!
Home Ovens / Re: Looking for new wood or wood-gas oven
« Last post by kerrymarcy on Today at 12:44:37 AM »
Elchimi and Amolapizza,

Thank you both for your ideas and taking the time to provide me with the pictures of some of your bakes using the mini. Those pies look great to me and really delicious.  Made my mouth water  :drool:  I'm caught between a rock and a hard place because I prefer the simplicity of gas, but would like the option of "old world" wood at times.  One concern is the weight of some of the larger ovens like the 60 and 80. I'm really liking the idea of the mini because it is portable and I could keep it in my garage (we have some harsh winters sometimes).  Then again, I feel I want a larger version that offers a bit more flexibilty with respect to temp and bake control along with the gas/wood options, although I would be sacrificing the portability factor.  I got some thinking to do, but I'm extremely impressed with this company.  Thanks
General Pizza Making / Re: Minolta Rokkor's Pizza Crusade.
« Last post by RHawthorne on Today at 12:20:47 AM »
Was too thin for a Detroit, doubling the dough size next time.
Also adding more cheese, very good despite that.
I can't get a very good sense of scale from those pics, but at a glance, I don't think it looks too thin for the style at all. Maybe just a hair, but it still looks great anyway. Besides, maybe you could be the first to pioneer a 'Detroit grandma' style. Why not? :-D
Dough Clinic / Re: Over-kneaded or under-kneaded?
« Last post by RHawthorne on Today at 12:12:55 AM »
Oil in sourdough behaves exactly like it does in dough made with commercial yeast.
I'll take your word for it. Thanks.
lmaooo
General Pizza Making / Re: Minolta Rokkor's Pizza Crusade.
« Last post by Shanksworthy on Yesterday at 09:27:12 PM »
You're going to need a stone and bake it at 550*f for 7 min - 8 min. California pizza stone sells exceptional stones.
Also you need to stretch the rim and edge as thin as possible, like paper thin or slightly thinner.

If it is too thick, it won't look like a classic ny pie and it will brown up slower.
Thanks! Iím starting to think Iíve been rushing my bake by blasting it with the broiler. Iíll try slowing it back down to 7-8 min. I do have a stone though, or really itís a slab of steel, but similar idea.

That last pie you made looks amazing BTW!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
wordpress