Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
Pizza Ovens / Re: Valoriani baby 75?
« Last post by GilScales on Today at 02:09:24 AM »
Been slowly curing the oven.

Day 1, 5 hours maxed at 300
Day 2, 6 hours maxed at 400
Day 3, 9 hours with small steady flame now and max dome temp 480

On day 2 started noticing water dripping, closed the oven door at 11pm with 380 dome temp and 11am it was still 175 with a bit of water coming out all night long

On day 3 its been steadily draining now all day, just drips but adding up to a bit, even after 9 hours it has not slowed down

I am afraid to raise temps tomorrow as I think it should slow on the seepage first, I think? never had an oven before so not sure.
Off-Topic Foods / Re: Today's Bread
« Last post by foreplease on Today at 12:30:19 AM »
If I had gotten it just for baking bread I would have returned mine too - but my wife is vegan and it makes some veggies really shine, plus I like using it to hold and finish BBQ. Still learning the oven and to be honest I donít have much else to do.

Heck today I 3D printed a fly swatter replacement head for the one we had that is falling apart - just to give you an idea how exciting my life is  :-D
I see a custom Banneton in your future!
General Pizza Making / Re: Whatís your outdoor pizza making setup looks like?
« Last post by Quebert on Yesterday at 10:01:07 PM »
A lot of work, but we enjoy the heck out of it.

HOLY SMOKES that's stunning.  And me, I'm excited I'm going to add 3 more Ooni tables to make an L shape station. And a few little things on the side.

There are definitely levels to this, and your level's about 26 above what I'm hoping to maybe hit. lol.
The Cru 32 does seem to be slanted a bit to a general purpose wood fired oven. Which can be kind of cool. Might be fun doing breads (which I bake now in the indoor oven), meats, and others.

The Cru 30 (pictured below), with its' lower dome, might be more suited for higher temp pizzas.

With 10% off coupon, the Cru 30 is about $450 delivered US. The Cru 32 less than $700 delivered. IMO, they are very reasonably priced for what they offer.

FWIW, I find the Cru 32 to be very nice looking. To my eye, it has a European, sculptured look.

General Pizza Making / Re: Post a Pic of Your Pie - Daily Update
« Last post by kori on Yesterday at 09:25:33 PM »
First go with my new 15" pizza stone from Broil King. Oven preheated for just over an hour to get the stone nice and hot.
12" pizza topped on a screen. Screen removed around 4 minutes into the total bake time of 8 minutes at the ovens highest possible setting (500įF ish).
Dough is Pete-zza's PJ clone, 5 day cold ferment, though I've shrunk the dough ball weight by quite a bit.

Topped with mini pepperonis, finely chopped mushrooms, hefty amount of garlic, mozzarella and cheddar. Best homemade pizza I've made so far.

Never knew Broil King offered a pizza stone, I just ordered one, price is actually quite reasonable. Pete-zza's 5 day PJ's is a great recipe!
Stones/tiles/steel, Pans & Accessories / Re: Individual Proofing Pan Sizes
« Last post by kori on Yesterday at 09:15:28 PM »
For one ball, I use the one in the picture. I make 14" dough palls about 430g.  A 16" would be about 562g (using my recipe)and should be fine in it too.

For multiple dough balls, many use ones like this -->  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08D3QQHRK/?tag=pmak-20

You must have a seperate fridge for this set up? Looks a bit bulky, roughly what's the total height? Very cool setup.
Home Ovens / Re: Your Thoughts on the Outi MultiFuel Pizza Oven?
« Last post by Pandasbecats on Yesterday at 09:13:05 PM »
Canít imagine using that oven being too much different than from using an Ooni 3 or Fyra. The size, boxiness, and rivet-filled design indicate an entry-level pizza cooking appliance.

Between its use of pellets and very thin stone, volume should be good for small pizza parties
Pizza Toppings / Re: Standard prep for plain old mushrooms?
« Last post by kori on Yesterday at 09:05:27 PM »
I think crimini (sometimes called Italian brown) are the better tasting, if not available I go with the white button (same mushroom, different state of maturity).

What I find works best for me in a home oven setting is to slice/prep them well ahead of time, leave them out uncovered to get rid of much of the moisture. When I prep my pizza I put them on last so the rest of the moisture has a better chance to evaporate during the bake.
Home Ovens / Re: New Ooni Karu 16 - One Question from Users
« Last post by Pandasbecats on Yesterday at 09:00:06 PM »
Youíre probably using too much bench flour. The peel should be dusted only

Usually burning semolina is the problem, not having it outright catch on fire
Home Ovens / New Ooni Karu 16 - One Question from Users
« Last post by doughjockey on Yesterday at 08:51:58 PM »
The very first pizza came out of this brand new oven, and, despite some reservations prior to purchase it will be very very good.
One question though. I use coarse semolina or corn meal on the peel. Last night's first cook showed a minor problem to be solved. When turning/moving either towards or away from the flame, the semolina which was on the peel is then deposited on the stone, and is now exposed, catches fire due to the high heat. The natural fibre brush I used to brush away this between cooks also catches fire. The fire can be blown out, but leaves a burnt deposit. I will need to use semolina or some other product to separate the dough from the peel, and wondered about the experiences of other users.

Thanks for any input !

Regards,
Gus

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
wordpress