A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Impromptu, unscripted Sicilian style pizza pie.  (Read 435 times)

Offline GumbaWill

• My canvas is a blank pizza skin
    • Will Falzon, The Brooklyn Maltese
Impromptu, unscripted Sicilian style pizza pie.
« on: April 10, 2022, 02:19:29 PM »
It's back to work tomorrow, grrr. I want to get in one experimental pizza bake. All new emergency Siciliano dough test bake. I include semolina in the formula because semolina is so very siciliano!

Last-minute Siciliano pizza bake. Unscripted with an all-new, emergency same-day bake siciliano dough. The test bake was scaled for a 1/2 sheet pan.

The method used for the dough goes something like this.

Combine the 110F water, yeast sugar, and malt powder. On the mixer's low speed or by hand mix in the flours and salt. When all the ingredients are well-homogenized increase the speed to medium or knead by hand for 5 minutes. Slowly add the oil and incorporate it fully with the stiff dough. continue kneading on speed #2 or by hand for ten to fifteen minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic. Move the dough to a proofing bowl/box, cover, and allow to rise for one hour. degas and perform letter folds on each of the four sides. Return to the bowl/box and ferment for 30 -60 more minutes. Oil the half sheet pan with 1/4 cup olive oil. Take your time and begin to stretch the dough to conform to the sheet pan all the way up the sides. It took me three stretchings with two ten-minute rests between them. Proof covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel for one hour until very puffy. preheat the oven to 400F. Now readjust the dough into the corners of the pan. Par-bake untopped for ten minutes. Remove from the oven top with your choice of toppings and bake for ten minutes. Spin the sheet pan 180 degrees and bake for an additional ten minutes. Now check the bottom for color. Continue baking in 5-minute bursts until your desired tone of golden brown is reached. Cut into eight squares, finish with hard cheese, and serve hot!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2022, 06:09:09 AM by GumbaWill »
Will Falzon
The Brooklyn Maltese

Offline GumbaWill

• My canvas is a blank pizza skin
    • Will Falzon, The Brooklyn Maltese
Re: Impromptu, unscripted Sicilian style pizza pie.
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2022, 07:04:05 PM »
It's back to work tomorrow, grrr. I want to get in one experimental pizza bake. All new emergency Siciliano dough test bake. I include semolina in the formula because semolina is so very siciliano!
[/quote

Hey, mambo! Mambo Siciliano!
The end game!
Will Falzon
The Brooklyn Maltese

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress