A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: July and August 2021 Monthly Challenge: Fruits (and vegetables) of your labor  (Read 497 times)

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
Bake pizzas that include ingredients from your garden. If you don't have a garden, try to get produce from your local farmers' market, roadside stand, etc. Feel free to submit multiple entries. This challenge will span July and August.

Offline Heikjo

• Lifetime Member
  • Sour dough = happy me
I like this one. My own "garden" is limited to a pot of basil in the kitchen window sill, so I will have to go with the second option. As an extra challenge, I'd like to try making an entire pizza with produce made locally. From flour to cheese to toppings.

This could be a nice way to experiment with local produce and even discover what is out there.
Heine
Oven: Effeuno P134H

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
I like this one. My own "garden" is limited to a pot of basil in the kitchen window sill, so I will have to go with the second option. As an extra challenge, I'd like to try making an entire pizza with produce made locally. From flour to cheese to toppings.

This could be a nice way to experiment with local produce and even discover what is out there.

Looking forward to your entries. Before someone points out the obvious, there are members who are currently in the dead of winter. It is acceptable to include ingredients from your garden that you have preserved.

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
This sourdough pizza contains two ingredients from my garden. The white turnips, yellow flame beets, and cow milk feta cheese are from the farmers’ market. From my garden are Amish garlic (grated into clarified brown butter) and chives.

Offline texmex

• Supporting Member
  • I stole my avatar from the British Museum website
Sourdough Margherita with tomato,  basil and jalapeño from my garden.
Risa sin camisa, sinvergüenza.

Offline deb415611

• Lifetime Member
Both look great.  This is going to be a great thread. 
Deb

Offline BinATX

• Supporting Member
Tomatoes from the garden on a mixture of ricotta, mozzarella, provolone, parmesan, asiago, spinach, basil, and roasted garlic.
Also have basil and thyme left in the garden, but the deer got to the rest - didn’t know how much they like chard.

Offline Jon in Albany

• Lifetime Member
    • Jon In Albany Blog
Well, I failed ro do another challenge. Most of my garden seemed to drown in July and then whatever was left baked during the really hot week in mid August when we were away. Never made it to a farmers market either.

The basil lived and I thought about something pesto, but I only fired the oven up for pizza once July/August. Never happened. Weak pizza summer here on my end.

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
Sorry to hear that, Jon.

Doesn't seem much interest these days in the challenge. I'll send it on vacation for a month or two. 

Online Yael

• French Pizza !
    • my Wechat page
I was also away for the holiday... I had pizza once at a friend's, and once when I came back because we had friends over for dinner. I didn't think about the challenge  :-\ :'(
“Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist” - Pablo Picasso

wordpress