A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: First impressions and review of the Famag IM-5S Spiral mixer  (Read 5382 times)

Bobino414 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline billg

• Lifetime Member
Re: First impressions and review of the Famag IM-5S Spiral mixer
« Reply #160 on: October 15, 2021, 05:34:29 PM »
I've owned both machines.  The Sunmix is very easy to clean.  Don't let that stop you if that's the one you want.  It literally takes 5 minutes to clean.  Hot water in the bowl covered with a rag for 5 minutes.  Uncover and use a small towel or dishrag to remove any residue, remove excess water and wipe clean.  Easy Peasy!!!!!!

Offline ilya_n

« Reply #161 on: October 15, 2021, 07:29:35 PM »
I've owned both machines.  The Sunmix is very easy to clean.  Don't let that stop you if that's the one you want.  It literally takes 5 minutes to clean.  Hot water in the bowl covered with a rag for 5 minutes.  Uncover and use a small towel or dishrag to remove any residue, remove excess water and wipe clean.  Easy Peasy!!!!!!

It’s not only that but also the ability to measure Ingrid right in the bowl etc. Multiple factors here. Order placed - excited to get and use it!!!

Offline mmille24

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #162 on: October 16, 2021, 08:05:17 PM »
Anyone have the IM-5S HH? Is it really necessary for high hydration? I would think the normal version could get it done.

https://pleasanthillgrain.com/famag-high-hydration-grilletta-spiral-dough-mixer

Thoughts?

Offline ilya_n

« Reply #163 on: October 17, 2021, 08:44:52 AM »
Anyone have the IM-5S HH? Is it really necessary for high hydration? I would think the normal version could get it done.

https://pleasanthillgrain.com/famag-high-hydration-grilletta-spiral-dough-mixer

Thoughts?

I’ve placed an order for HH and Chau has the same model that the review was about. The price difference is $60 between the two. Not sure if it makes sense to go without HH option…

Offline mmille24

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #164 on: October 17, 2021, 04:52:44 PM »
I’ve placed an order for HH and Chau has the same model that the review was about. The price difference is $60 between the two. Not sure if it makes sense to go without HH option…

The price isn't holding me back as much as the color is. I really love the Marina.

Offline ilya_n

« Reply #165 on: October 18, 2021, 09:28:23 AM »
The price isn't holding me back as much as the color is. I really love the Marina.

Got you. It's a nice looking machine. I went for a classic sparkle silver to kind of match stainless steel - only one on backorder lol

Offline ilya_n

« Reply #166 on: November 12, 2021, 11:48:05 PM »
After waiting for sparkling silver for some time it went to back order until June 2022. Called in to switch the order to the last dark silver unit. Arrived today and I made 80% hydration focaccia dough… wow… that gluten building is amazing… I could never get the pane window test out of my KA before hand kneading.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 11:18:50 AM by Pete-zza »

wordpress