A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Pizza Hut Pan Pizza  (Read 272581 times)

Offline CDoggyDog

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Pizza Hut Pan Pizza
« Reply #460 on: February 22, 2021, 06:40:22 PM »
Heres a catalogue that has the ingredients for pizza huts menu circa 2010 https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/read/3442069/pizza-hut-ingredient-listing-pizza-hut-canada

Has anyone made a recipe accounting for the odd ingredients? Few ingredients like the DATEM, ascorbic acid, and monoglycerides change the structure and texture of the dough. other ingredients help raise the dough and affect the taste. Also, I've heard PH uses brown sugar, has anyone tried that and noticed a difference?

Offline Holmes1612

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #461 on: March 13, 2021, 08:58:43 AM »
Hi,

based on pete's reduced dough formulas, for a 10" pizza would it be: 22oz/14 = 1.57 x 10 = 15.7/ or basically 16oz? If so does this look correct?

Flour(100%)   277.2
Water(55.55%)   153.9           
Active Dry Yeast (1.18%)   3.27
Diamond Crystal Kosher Salt (0.87%)   2.41
Baker's Non-Fat Dry Milk (2.35%)   6.51
Sugar (1.87%)   5.18
Vegetable (Soybean) Oil (4.27%)   11.84
Total (166.09%)   460.4       

Thanks in advance.
Tony.

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #462 on: March 13, 2021, 02:58:11 PM »
Tony,

I assume you are referring to the dough formulation that I set forth for a 14" pizza at Reply 6 at:

https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=4607.msg38909#msg38909

If the above is correct, the thickness factor for the dough in Reply 6 is 22 oz./(3.14159 x 7 x 7) = 0.14291. Applying that thickness factor to a 10" pizza gives us a dough weight of 3.14159 x 5 x 5 x 0.14291 = 11.22 ounces. Another way to calculate the dough ball weight for a 10" pizza is [(5 x 5)/(7 x 7)] x 22 = 11.22. You will note that for a 14" dough, the dough ball weight would be 16 ounces, as noted in Reply 12 at:

https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=4607.msg62351#msg62351

If my premise is wrong, please let me know.

Peter

Offline Pavoni

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #463 on: April 23, 2021, 08:08:20 AM »
I recently acquired an authentic (UK) 10" PH "Pan" pizza pan circa late '90s. Noticed there are two concentric rings within the inner wall of the pan, I believe I once read somewhere that the lower one was to indicate the intial dough level with the upper ring indicating correct rise after proofing? I've measured these with a vernier caliper for reference, apologies for mixing imperial and metric ;):

Outer pan diameter: 11"
Inner pan diameter: 10"
Wall height: 37mm
Lower ring from base: 20mm
Distance between rings: 6mm
Upper ring from base: 26mm
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 04:46:01 PM by Pavoni »

Offline Pavoni

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #464 on: April 23, 2021, 09:06:18 AM »
Plugged the data from Pete-zza's updated recipe from reply #6 and the 10" thickness factor 0.14291 from reply #462 into https://pizza-dough-calculator.herokuapp.com/calculator (could only work with whole numbers on the web version so used the mobile version which permitted additional decimals).

Taking my measurements from the 10" PH pan from reply #463, converted to metric (round, deep dish, 2.6cm rise, sloped sides: bottom dia: 25.4cm, top dia: 27.9cm, depth: 3.7cm).

Gave me the following:

Flour: 100% - 272.6g
Hydration: 55.5% - 151.3g
Yeast: 1.18% (ADY) - 3.2g
Salt: 0.875% - 2.3g
Dry milk: 2.35% - 6.4g
Oil: 4.27% - 11.6g
Sugar: 1.875% - 5.1g

Total: (166%/TF 0.43) - 452.75g

Will attempt later. Many thanks to xPHmgr all those years ago and Pete-zza for their input!

Offline karenburton1305

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #465 on: June 28, 2021, 09:35:58 AM »
All of the photos on here look like the real deal!!! I've never managed to make pizza dough from scratch at home - I usually use a wrap as the base!

Anyone got an idea of how to do the pizza hut pan pizza with cheese in the crust? Like this one (https://www.pizzahut.co.uk/restaurants/food/pizza/hot-n-spicy-chicken2/) - I'm worried about overstuffing the cheese and ruining my oven ahahaha!  :chef:

Offline matermark

« Reply #466 on: June 28, 2021, 11:29:12 AM »
I use string cheese mozzarella. Just wrap the dough around it. You can also cut your own "strings" off a piece of mozzarella.

Hope this helps.

Offline OzPizza

• NY Slice lover living Down Under!
« Reply #467 on: October 02, 2021, 01:44:43 AM »
I stepped away from my usual NY Style pizzas the other day to make some pan pizzas for a chance. It's been quite awhile since I last did them. Using the recommended recipe I must say I was really impressed with the results. Makes you reflect somewhat on how Pizza Hut around the globe seems to screw up the taste of this fundamentally basic recipe these days. I remember it being this tasty as kid. With that said they weren't here in Aus whenever I came back and ate as the cheese they used back in the 80's in Aus always tasted disgustingly wrong and sour to me compared to the US version I also ate quite a lot of back then (when I wasn't chowing down on far better local pizzas in the northern suburbs outside NYC ;D). I also went to the effort of making sure I sourced some proper baker's nonfat milk powder, something that isn't off the shelf available locally, despite Bob's Red Mill's products being fairly well supported here generally speaking. For sauce I followed Jackie Tran's recipe with the exception of not being able to source dried Marjoram anywhere for some reason. I used a combo of the imported Fior di latta I use with my NY Style and a locally available shredded Mozz, tried at different ratios from 20%-50% all with good results. The examples here are one of the uncooked pies and one of the best ones once I'd dialed in temps correctly in my Rollergrill oven which tends to cook a little more intensely despite measuring bang on 500F with laser thermometer. I've got it in mind start using my Weber digital ambient temp probe which I've used with BBQ smokers and cooking for years and would recommend that as per sites like Meathead Goldwyn's do over any mechanical oven shelf thermometer say.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 01:56:47 AM by OzPizza »
OG NY Slice lover since the 80's. Still living in the hope of buying a decent NY Slice in Oz some day!

Offline Biggie816

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #468 on: November 24, 2021, 03:13:08 PM »
I decided to try this the other night using Pete's scaled-down formulation. I have to say that it came out great. GF said that it tasted just like Pizza Hut. My only qualm was holy grease! When I make this again I will definitely use way less than 1/4 cup. Pan is a Chicago Metallic 14 inch deep dish.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 03:16:46 PM by Biggie816 »
Bryan

Offline Atheen_

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #469 on: Today at 12:04:27 AM »
Hi, y'all!

I will be attempting this recipe this week end, using Pete's modifications for a 14 inch Chicago Metallic pan I received today.

Just a quick question : my husband wants it "stuffed crust" style, which means I'll have to wrap the edges of the dough around some string mozzarella sticks...

But when should I do that?

Two options, as I see it.

Option 1
After the first proof in the pan at room temp, and before sticking it in the fridge for 20 hours.

Option 2
The next day when I take it out of the fridge and before letting it come to room temp for 3 hours.

Which option would you think is best? 🤔

Also, I was wondering if I should slightly depress the center after taking it out of the fridge, and if the toppings can be added before it's ready to go in the oven (which a few people say should take 2 - 3 hours). The subject was brought up during this thread (yes, I read all 24 pages), but no definite consensus was reached on that matter.

Thank you in advance for your help, and God bless,

Atheen
« Last Edit: Today at 12:08:20 AM by Atheen_ »

wordpress