Pages:
Actions
  • #101 by HansB on 26 Jun 2021
  • Easily my favorite NP too.Glad you liked it.
  • #102 by quietdesperation on 27 Jun 2021
  • thanks for discovering and posting hans, what a find! cant wait for them to open uws
  • #103 by Jersey Pie Boy on 28 Jun 2021
  • I visited with Hans and it changed my take on NP

So great!
  • #104 by hotsawce on 01 Jul 2021
  • I'm in the minority that isn't gaga for this pie. I think it's good, but it's not really neapolitan (the oven used and bake time is not in range.) Personally, I don't think anyone in NYC is making a great neapolitan pizza...
  • #105 by quietdesperation on 01 Jul 2021
  • buzz killer! :)

agree on the bake time, someone posted they switched to acunto, iíd guess itís capable of neo?

ps good to see u posting again lou!
  • #106 by GumbaWill on 24 Nov 2021
  • I had a very nice sausage and mushroom pizza at Song of Napuli last night. I liked it, even if a little soggy. The mojo of the tiny place was also very cool. On the very next corner, there is a coal fire pizza joint. I think tonight I will bust my gut with a taste test of both places! By the way, I am solo for the holiday, with many family invites. The wife is visiting my stepson and granddaughter in Az. I am thinking about the test, two identical margarita pies. Smile... Tomorrow I will have a Roadside Pie king sausage and mushroom N.Y. style pie.
  • #107 by HansB on 24 Nov 2021
  • That looks good. I have not been there since they put in the new oven.

I really like the vibe of the place too. It usually seems to be filled with a lot of native Italian speakers.
  • #108 by quietdesperation on 24 Nov 2021
  • ^ are u thinking about arturuos? if so, haven't been there in many years but it used to be very good though there are other pizza places we like more...and of course katz deli and russ & daughters are close by if you want classic nyc deli/appetizing. also, I think you're talking about a full pie at arturos...they used to have good jazz too...actually, live music in nyc by definition is going to be good, I am told by a friend who is a musician that the competition to play is crazy.
  • #109 by GumbaWill on 24 Nov 2021

I tried to time the bake. My best estimate is a lightning-fast 2 minutes!
  • #110 by GumbaWill on 24 Nov 2021
  • ^ are u thinking about arturuos? if so, haven't been there in many years but it used to be very good though there are other pizza places we like more...and of course katz deli and russ & daughters are close by if you want classic nyc deli/appetizing. also, I think you're talking about a full pie at arturos...

Yes, A little bit of a walk but not bad at all. I must try Russ & it is perpetually on my visit list. Arturuos, sounds right. That will be my second stop. Yeah, I am quite sure it is a by-the-pie spot. A nice change from my typical street slice pies. Then after that, maybe I'll see what's doing as far as the early crowd at Madam X. Smile...
  • #111 by quietdesperation on 24 Nov 2021
  • Yes, A little bit of a walk but not bad at all. I must try Russ & it is perpetually on my visit list. Arturuos, sounds right. That will be my second stop. Yeah, I am quite sure it is a by-the-pie spot. A nice change from my typical street slice pies. Then after that, maybe I'll see what's doing as far as the early crowd at Madam X. Smile...

back in the day, ok, waaaay back in the day, I used to play basketball in a gym in thompson square and arturo's was our go to pizza/beer joint. at some point john's supplanted arturo's as our go to but I understand john's isn't what it used to be. I think I suggested an arturo's visit for the chau tour but we had too many other places to visit. Hope you'll post about the pizza, I don't think anyone has written about it on the forum.
  • #112 by GumbaWill on 24 Nov 2021
  • Hope you'll post about the pizza, I don't think anyone has written about it on the forum.

Will, do! I took a video of my pizza being prepared yesterday at Song E Napule. Sadly only 2 seconds of the video were saved. I will try again today. If feasible, I will also video document the Auturos prep.

Will F.
  • #113 by nickyr on 24 Nov 2021
  • I went to Arturoís 2-3 years ago, itís good. Youíll enjoy it Iím sure!
  • #114 by TXCraig1 on 25 Nov 2021

What oven did the put in?
  • #115 by scott r on 25 Nov 2021
  • Gianni Acunto, pizza still great :)   I couldn't tell a difference from previous visits with the old oven but ill bet they prefer running the friday night crush with it.
  • #116 by TXCraig1 on 26 Nov 2021
  • I really like their ovens.
  • #117 by scott r on 26 Nov 2021
  • I'll bet you do  ;)
  • #118 by TXCraig1 on 26 Nov 2021
  • Mine is Mario - not Gianni.
Pages:
Actions