Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Zio on 27 Mar 2021
  • I have searched hi and low for the recipe for Rosati's pizza sauce. No luck. It has a bit of a tang to it, not salty, but  a sweet hot tang.
      I was excited when a Rosati's opened about a mile from me. Very disappointed to find out they use marinara sauce on the pizza. Every franchise that I have gone to has the same consistent taste, meaning the sauce. I mean, that is what make them unique. The founding family would be crushed to know that some want to be cook has decided to make the pizza, "his way".
      On the other hand, this is Chicago! There are plenty on pizza places to go to and new ones to try. My journey continues!!!
  • #2 by Servano123 on 24 Nov 2021
  • I saw your comment about Rosatis sauce. I have discovered, at least by me, that not every Rosati's uses the same sauce. One very specific Rosati's is my favorite pizza on the planet, but only that one. The one closest to me is actually the worst sauce I've ever had in my life, tastes like spaghetti sauce right out of the jar. But if you are ever near Valparasio, IN, that is the one and only location I've found that uses the different sauce that is fantastic.
Pages:
Actions