A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Need help understanding the leavening hours at RT in Pizzapp  (Read 239 times)

Offline SunnyGail

• I Love Pizza!
I tried the following pizzapp protocol a few days ago and ended up with an over-fermented dough

For 2 balls:
ball weight 250g
water 70%
fats 2%
salt 2,2%
RT leavening 1h at 24
CT leavening 46h at 4
ADY 0.36%

I respected the time and temp indicated in the protocol:
After kneading, I let the dough rest at room temp (24) for an hour, then 46h in the fridge at 4
The only thing that doesn't seem to be taken into account in the app is the time between when you take the balls out from the fridge and the moment where you bake them, which for me was around 3h30 at 26-27...
So my question is:
Does the time indicated as RT leavening include the time during which the balls rest after being taken out of the fridge (so in this case, that would be 1h + 3h30)? But it would not make any sense as the dough temp out of the fridge is around 4....
Even if that time is supposed to serve the sole purpose of letting the dough come back at RT, there is still some fermentation happening, so it should be taken into account in the time spent at RT in the app...
Maybe I'm missing something super obvious here, thank you for enlightening me!

Galle

Offline photosvein

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Need help understanding the leavening hours at RT in Pizzapp
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2021, 06:18:49 AM »
hello :)
yes, the RT time is total RT time, so if you rest the doughballs after fridge for say 3 hours, that goes off your RT setting
Also what kind of flour are you using?
You sure it can handle that long time?

Offline AJ33

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Need help understanding the leavening hours at RT in Pizzapp
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2021, 11:00:40 AM »
Must admit, I dont include the time resting the dough balls post CT fermentation. I am probably the exception.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress