A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Anyone make Malnati/Chicago style in a Breville Pizzaiola Oven?  (Read 280 times)

Offline wayner

• I Love Pizza!
Anyone make Malnati/Chicago style in a Breville Pizzaiola Oven?
« on: November 24, 2021, 07:08:27 PM »
I have had a Breville Pizzaiola Oven for a while and I normally make Neapolitan style pizzas.  I want to try a Lou Malnati style pizza.  Anyone try this type of pizza in one of these ovens?  If so, do you use the Pan setting on the oven, or do you manually set the temperatures?  If you do it manually what temperatures do you use?  The manual says that for pan pizza the deck temp is 600-650F and the top temp is 375-425F and you should cook for 18 minutes.

The Breville Deep Dish recipe calls for forming the dough in the pan partially and letting it sit for a two hours.  Is that how folks do it? 

The pan for this oven has a diameter of 11.5" at the top.  When using Pythonic's recipe for a 9" pan should I scale it up by 63% as (11.5/2)^2/(9/2)^2 = 1.63?

Offline Garvey

• I wish could have pizza every day.
Re: Anyone make Malnati/Chicago style in a Breville Pizzaiola Oven?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2021, 07:48:55 PM »
Deep dish is not pan pizza: 600 is way too hot.  The bottom would burn before the toppings ever got done.

Think casserole.  You would want to bake it at 425-450 for 30+ mins in a regular oven. So whatever that means in your device, try to aim for that general range.

Canít wait to hear your results!  You might be the first!

Cheers,
Garvey

Offline wayner

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Anyone make Malnati/Chicago style in a Breville Pizzaiola Oven?
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2021, 10:53:33 PM »
Thanks Garvey.  The special thing about these ovens is that they get up to 750F so they are much better at making Neapolitan pizza as most home ovens cannot get nearly that hot.  The pan that they come with (see photo below) should also work quite well for this type of pizza, but I do have some 9" cast iron frying pans that I should be able to use as well.  But I guess the high temperature isn't needed for Chicago style pizza so there isn't as much reason to use this oven.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress