A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Buffalo Chicken Pizza  (Read 315 times)

Offline 02ebz06

• Lifetime Member
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
« on: December 07, 2021, 05:21:29 PM »
Usually use Sweet Baby Ray's wing sauce but was almost out.
Saw the Cholula Wing Sauce last week and thought I'd try it instead this Saturday.

Just wondering, has anyone used this on pizza ?

Bruce here... My cooking toys --> FGM 800-B Pizza Oven, Pellet Grill, Pellet Smoker, Propane Griddle, Propane Grill

Offline jkb

• Supporting Member
Re: Buffalo Chicken Pizza
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2021, 05:31:51 PM »
Buffalo = Frank's Original.
John

Offline 02ebz06

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2021, 05:53:58 PM »
I've used Frank's before, it is good.  Just thought I'd give this a try since I like their Hot Sauce.
Bruce here... My cooking toys --> FGM 800-B Pizza Oven, Pellet Grill, Pellet Smoker, Propane Griddle, Propane Grill

Offline jkb

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2021, 05:00:11 AM »
How do you plan to make the pizza?  I used to make a Buffalo chicken on a regular basis but it's been 10+ years and I can't remember how I did it.
John

Offline 02ebz06

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2021, 11:10:31 AM »
Last time I made it with Ranch Dressing as the sauce.
One of our friends that will be here Saturday (poker night  ;D) doesn't like Ranch Dressing, so I thought I'd just use the wing sauce for the sauce,
then the Mozz/Prov cheese, then the pieces of chicken breast (mostly cooked) that have been marinating in wing sauce on top.
NOTE: I'm paranoid about putting raw meat on pizza, so I always par-cook it first.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 11:12:29 AM by 02ebz06 »

Offline Jon in Albany

• Lifetime Member
    • Jon In Albany Blog
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2021, 02:23:41 PM »
I usually poach then dice a thin piece of chicken breast.

To make the pizza, stretch a dough, throw down some Frank's, then mozzarella and the chicken, some gorganzola crumbles, maybe a pinch of Romano if I brought it outside, and then another little bit of Frank's splashed on. It's my sister in law's favorite.

Also good with a little pepperoni thrown own there too.

Offline 02ebz06

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2021, 02:52:48 PM »
Can't recall if I've ever had Gorgonzola. Will have to give it a try.

Offline Jon in Albany

• Lifetime Member
    • Jon In Albany Blog
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2021, 03:16:20 PM »
The crumbles kind of gives the pizza a little blue cheese dressing feel here and there like dunking a wing. I pick up a little container of the gorgonzola crumbles in Trader Joe's.

In the Buffalo, NY area there are people that are very passionate that ranch dressing should never touch a Buffalo style wing. One group put together a Never Ranch campaign as part of a fund raiser for cancer research. I fall in the do what you want camp and when I have wings, I just use the dressing for the carrots and celery, not the wing. But I also make bean soup so my opinion is worth what you're paying for it! :)

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2021, 04:36:53 PM »
Bruce,

Several years ago, I attempted to make a Papa John's clone of a PJ pizza called “Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza”. It apparently is no longer sold by PJ but it was very tasty, at least to my taste buds. I described how I made the pizza at Reply 30 at:

https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=6758.msg59762#msg59762

Quite likely such a pizza is more to your liking than your friend. But maybe it can be modified to use a wing sauce or something similar, or maybe make a half and half pizza :-D.

Peter

Offline 02ebz06

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2021, 06:49:47 PM »
Thanks Peter, I will check it out.

Offline Pizza_Not_War

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2021, 07:31:40 PM »
Never tried that brand of wing sauce. The first thing I look at is the ingredients and when water is first, then I know I'm getting water thickened with gums. I've used Franks, but prefer Tabasco brand.

Offline 02ebz06

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2021, 11:11:02 AM »
Never tried that brand of wing sauce. The first thing I look at is the ingredients and when water is first, then I know I'm getting water thickened with gums. I've used Franks, but prefer Tabasco brand.

Guess our taste buds are on opposite sides of the planet.  I don't like Tabasco products.  Too much vinegar taste to me.

Offline Jon in Albany

• Lifetime Member
    • Jon In Albany Blog
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2021, 11:20:26 AM »
I think we might be crossing sauces. Tabasco makes a wing sauce too. I've never had it so no idea how it compares to Frank's. Traditional red Tabasco sauce is very different than Frank's. I like it but it is definitely vinegar-y.

Offline Oldschoolpizza

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2021, 11:59:52 AM »
I second most of what Jon in Albany said, with the exception I like to use a blue cheese dressing when I make them and add it at the very end while the pizza is cooling for service. Kraft Roka Blue Cheese Dressing drizzled over the top of the pizza, gives it more of that "buffalo chicken dunked in blue cheese" feel. YMMV
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 12:02:24 PM by Oldschoolpizza »

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2021, 09:39:18 PM »
Garlicy béchamel for sauce with good quality blue or gorgonzola or cambozola  dotted over the top, light with the mozz/parm, grilled chicken thighs, drizzle with Franks to taste! 😋
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”-----------Mark Twain

"If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve."---------The Root Beer Lady

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth."---------Muhammad Ali

Offline 02ebz06

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2021, 10:51:46 AM »
Garlicy béchamel for sauce with good quality blue or gorgonzola or cambozola  dotted over the top, light with the mozz/parm, grilled chicken thighs, drizzle with Franks to taste! 😋

Not in this house!  Can't stand garlic.

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2021, 12:31:26 PM »

That's just wrong! Doctor may be able to prescribe you something for that!!!🤣😂
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”-----------Mark Twain

"If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve."---------The Root Beer Lady

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth."---------Muhammad Ali

Offline Pizza_Not_War

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2021, 12:37:10 PM »
Must be lots of 🦇 hanging around.

Offline 02ebz06

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2021, 12:44:47 PM »
Must be lots of 🦇 hanging around.

Nope, I think they ate all the insects and went south to Carlsbad Cavern.

wordpress