A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: simple Stuffed Deep Dish recipe  (Read 140 times)

Offline 3pedals

• I Love Pizza!
simple Stuffed Deep Dish recipe
« on: November 28, 2021, 02:35:35 PM »
Hello All
I just got a dough sheeter and I would like to try to make stuffed crust, the recipes in these threads seem to be all over the place and hard to follow especially since the deep dish dough calculator no longer works. Anyone have a straight forward recipe for a 12 or 14" pan?

THanks

Offline loowaters

Re: simple Stuffed Deep Dish recipe
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2021, 09:45:37 AM »
Last few times I made stuffed I went with Leo Spizziri's dough formulation.  His videos on YouTube seem to be thinned out...perhaps to drive more traffic to his institute.  Can't blame him for that.  12" recipe below...

AP Flour         100%   641g
Water      57   366g
Lard or Marg   6     41g
Sea Salt      2     13g
Dias Malt           1       6g
IDY              .5       3g

TF = .2013

Bottom    782g
Top      293g

I've left out the diastatic malt (because i don't have any) but using an AP flour with malted barley flour in the mix should take care of that well enough for this type of dough.  I just increase the flour amount by the amount of malt it calls for.  Grease entire pan with margarine.  Don't forget to vent the top layer before saucing.  That's a lot of dough but you're trimming off quite a bit, too.

Sorry the numbers are all over, they lined up in the initial but I see in the preview they're scattered all over.

Loo
Using pizza to expand my waistline since 1969!

Offline Garvey

• I wish could have pizza every day.
Re: simple Stuffed Deep Dish recipe
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2021, 12:44:28 PM »
I searched all the stuffed pizza threads in the sticky for the "easy button" that 3pedals needed and came up short.

But Loo  :chef: to the rescue!

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress