A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: VCB Ginos attempt  (Read 320 times)

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
VCB Ginos attempt
« on: March 03, 2022, 03:19:13 AM »
 Used real DD website to attempt a Gino’s style pizza. I found some ceresota flour and made the adjustments needed to turn the recipe into  Gino's style which was adding food color and cream of tarter.
 I also referenced the DD video of a  Malinati pizza make video in the sauce reference thread. I noticed the dough seem to proof at room temperature for an  extended period until needed. I added that to my attempt. I really enjoyed this pizza attempt. My sausage had fennel in it as well as a hint of garlic which took away from the authenticity of the pizza. Next attempt will be with a garlic seasoned sausage. This is the steps I took in pictures.

Offline Pizza-Face

• I Love Pizza!
Re: VCB Ginos attempt
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2022, 11:51:34 PM »
Good job man, looks like the real thing. But you forgot to tell us if it tastes like the real thing!  :drool:

I once saw some biscuits made yellow(ish) by toasting the baking soda by baking the powder. I wonder if you can bake cream of tarter and get some yellow color? I mean could prolly even toast a small amount of flour too. I mean to add depth of flavor that food color does not?

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress