A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: First Post - Jalapeno Popper Pizza  (Read 215 times)

Offline Madmax9130

• Any and All advice welcome.
First Post - Jalapeno Popper Pizza
« on: March 30, 2022, 06:08:35 PM »
Hey all, First post for me here. A bit non traditional but my best pizza right now is a Jalapeno Popper pizza, one that I picked up on in my time in North Dakota. only recently got into the pizza game so I am still learning quite a bit. So just wanted to share my recipe and get some feedback or constructive criticism.

Dough (makes ~1 - 14" pizza)

300g Gold Medal AP
180g water
9g fine sea salt
4g olive oil
3g Reismans Fast acting yeast (about half a packet my scale isn't sensitive enough)

I used a 40% poolish (16hrs on the counter) as an experiment for this one and can be adjusted to whatever ya'll think is best for you. (120g out of the total flour and 120g out of the water)

Toppings:

1 brick Cream cheese can do low fat or normal.
about 4 - 5 pieces of bacon
2 Jalapenos
1 qtr of a large onion (optional)
Mozzarella (I used Murrays that are soaked in the brine from Krogers, kind of all you can get out here)
some prepackaged shredded cheddar

Raspberry Drizzle ( I know it sounds weird but this ties the whole thing together insanely well and is the most important part imo)

6 oz frozen raspberries
1/4 cup sugar
1 - 2 tbsp lemon juice

Cooked bacon cut into small pieces
cooked onions in bacon grease until translucent
Cubed then melted cream cheese in bacon grease (here you can add whatever seasoning you like) I try to keep them relatively mild as to not counteract the drizzle
make drizzle by simmering berries in the sugar and lemon juice and pressing with a spoon through a strainer

Prebaked crust on 14" cast iron for about 4 minutes. Put on cream cheese sauce, then other toppings and throw her in the oven. I do 500 deg F for about 8 -10 minutes. Slap a decent amount of the drizzle on and have at it.

Any questions or comments just ask. Thanks also if this needs to be put somewhere else on the forum I will gladly have it moved.

Offline 02ebz06

• Lifetime Member
Re: First Post - Jalapeno Popper Pizza
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2022, 06:30:44 PM »
Looks great!

Bruce here... My cooking toys --> FGM 800-B Pizza Oven, Pellet Grill, Pellet Smoker, Propane Griddle, Propane Grill

Offline texmex

• Supporting Member
  • I stole my avatar from the British Museum website
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2022, 06:36:06 PM »
I have put leftover jalapeno poppers on my pizzas, tacos, burritos, sandwiches, but never made a pizza in the style of a jalapeno popper.
I bet it's delicious.
Risa sin camisa, sinvergüenza.

Offline kori

• Supporting Member
  • Let's make pizza today!
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2022, 06:49:52 PM »
Very cool, I'm gonna try something like that!
I SMILE AND WAVE....

Offline Madmax9130

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2022, 08:12:10 PM »
I have put leftover jalapeno poppers on my pizzas, tacos, burritos, sandwiches, but never made a pizza in the style of a jalapeno popper.
I bet it's delicious.

I'm working on my tacos and that is definitely something I have got to try. That also sounds really good.

Offline Madmax9130

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2022, 08:14:07 PM »
I do want to say after this particular one, you might want to start with a thinner layer of the cream cheese. I put the whole brick on this one and to me personally it got a little excessive. But that's just me, it can all be customized which is why I love pizza

Online Pizza_Not_War

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2022, 08:41:32 PM »
It does look interesting. And that would be too much cheese for me on a pizza. I'd dedicate some of the cheese to a mini cheesecake.