A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Tom Lehmann has Passed Away  (Read 15513 times)

Offline jopat65

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Tom Lehmann has Passed Away
« Reply #140 on: February 15, 2021, 07:22:28 PM »
I have no words to express what a great person he was...he was so kind to help me so much ....peace be with  soul

Offline Madajo

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #141 on: February 16, 2021, 12:04:21 AM »
I cant believe Tom passed away, talked to him a couple of times by phone and he answered all my questions so nicely. Tom rest in peace and thank you for all the knowledge you shared everyday

Offline theodoros

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #142 on: February 21, 2021, 11:09:38 AM »
such a tragedy. Tom was the foremost expert on all things dough.  Im sure he was a wonderful man in life as well.  So sad.  His words will live in perpetuity on this board. 

Offline stamina888

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #143 on: February 22, 2021, 09:57:49 AM »
This place doesn't feel the same without Tom.  Whenever I see this site icon in my browser tab and go on it, I get a dark-tinged sad feeling.

Offline ag

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #144 on: February 28, 2021, 07:15:09 AM »
I want to pass along my sincere condolences to Tom's family.

I haven't been a poster in this Forum but after seeing Tom's passing, I just wanted to pay tribute to him and share a quick story about Tom's generosity of spirit!

I contacted Tom many years ago when I was having issues with my pizza sauce.  We immediately struck up an email correspondence over our shared love of Chicago pizza and Tom was nice enough to help me with some pointers. 

I had a niece that was married and her husband was in the Army and stationed in Kansas.  They lived in Manhattan, KS where Tom had lived and worked at AIB.  When my niece's husband was deployed overseas, my wife and I had planned to visit my niece so I let Tom know.  He immediately offered to take me to his favorite pizza places in and around Manhattan.  He didn't know me beyond our email correspondences but his generosity to invite me to go eat pizza with him just blew me away!  Work circumstances and weather prevented our visit and now with Tom's passing I am so sad that we didn't get to go on a pizza exploration together. 

In the Greek community we have an expression when someone passes, "May their memory be eternal".  Our remembrances of Tom and his lasting words on this Forum will always make his memory eternal.

Offline dashawn

• In pizza veritas
« Reply #145 on: March 01, 2021, 09:14:18 AM »
This hurts to hear. Tom helped me on my pizza journey more times than I can count and I'm going to miss him. He lives on in the knowledge that he's shared with all of us. Every time one of our slices puts a smile on someone's face, Tom made it possible.

Offline Meatballs

« Reply #146 on: March 03, 2021, 10:51:18 AM »
Have not logged on here in long time, Saw Tom's passing in PMQ and felt I had to post one last time. 

My sincere condolences to the Lehmann family, my heart is feeling your loss also.  Tom's passion for the hobbiest indicated his own passion for Pizza and the broader Pizza world.  I learned to make proper pizza from Tom many years ago when I began a literature search on  commercial pizza dough.  His writings on dough were authoritative, understandable, and always useful in the real world. 

Tom's presence here, on this forum, shows his true passion, not just for pizza but the individuals who shared his love for pizza.  That is the true telling of the man, he loved people and just wanted to humbly help whomever he could.  I'v tried to emulate this in my own life but can never come close to being as loving as Tom.

You Will be missed my friend. You helped me in a time when I needed it and now I can never deliver the Thank You I always wanted too.

Rest in peace Tom, I know the Pizza in heaven will be better if I can get there because of you.

ron

Offline BostonBestEats

• Clearly you need more Hawaiian pizza in your life
« Reply #147 on: March 05, 2021, 06:28:52 PM »
Only just saw this.  Very sad news.

Offline gd125

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #148 on: March 07, 2021, 03:24:00 AM »
Very sad to hear this. Tom helped me as well on my pizza journey . His generosity and willing to share his knowledge and help people out in their businesses will never be forgotten. Prayers and condolences to the family.

Offline Rl

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #149 on: March 09, 2021, 03:45:10 PM »
What suprised me was how willing he was to give detailed help to us amateur pizza makers and genuinely wanted to help which from one stranger to another is a rare trait these days .Personally he helped me replicate a pizza place I used to like as a kid. Im really sad to be learning that he has passed away I hope his family get though this difficult time

Offline Cotto

• Pizza is the perfect snack, appetizer, or dinner.
« Reply #150 on: March 11, 2021, 08:33:05 AM »
Oh no. I'm so sorry to hear. What an influential, helpful person. My best to his family.

Offline fornographer

« Reply #151 on: March 11, 2021, 10:00:09 AM »
nooo......nooooo........
:( :(

Offline Carlokill

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #152 on: March 12, 2021, 06:39:39 PM »
i know im late expressing my condolences, but only just heard , so sorry for his family and friends.
Tom was a great guy who informed and inspired, just shocked atm

Offline Zio Ciro

• Wood fired and gas Pizza ovens
« Reply #153 on: March 21, 2021, 06:16:28 PM »
I was looking for an old article and just read the horrible news...
My condolences to Tom`s family, I learned a lot from all that he posted.
Che la terra ti sia lieve

Offline roksngr

• SLICE OF ITALEIGH PIZZA & CHEESESTEAKS
« Reply #154 on: March 23, 2021, 01:14:19 AM »
This is sad news, even though I am 3 months late. So sad to hear this.
Owner/Chef of Slice of Italeigh Pizza & Cheesesteaks
Downtown Martinez CA
925-229-0455

Offline IKneadTheDough

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #155 on: March 28, 2021, 11:46:40 AM »
He touched so many lives, because he was so selfless and willing to share what he knew. Such is the tragedy of this pandemic...another very special person gone too soon :(

Offline waltertore

• Lifetime Member
  • # 1 RATED PIZZERIA IN USA ON YELP
    • Smiling With Hope Pizza
« Reply #156 on: March 29, 2021, 12:06:56 AM »
I recorded this song today - one year of Covid 19 -  reflecting on the past year of Covid 19.  I thought of Tom while doing it.  I make up all words as I go along, play all instruments at once -the drums on my feet, guitar, harmonica, vocals, and call it Spontobeat . 

https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14222198
SMILING WITH HOPE PIZZA MISSION STATEMENT
TO CREATE HOPE AND MEANING IN THE LIVES OF PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
http://www.smilingwithhopepizza.com/

Offline Charlesaf3

« Reply #157 on: April 01, 2021, 05:43:47 PM »
I just learned of his passing.  What a tragedy.  I learned so much from him

Offline Brent-r

• Lifetime Member
  • Love the wood fired oven
    • Roberts Machinery
« Reply #158 on: April 11, 2021, 12:13:01 PM »
Tom's depth of knowledge and experience is extraordinary.   But there are many knowledgeable people around that we don't hear about.

What made Tom so very special is how he patiently coached beginners like me ... week after week on this forum.

We were fortunate that we found him and he found us.

We are also fortunate that we have other members here that share their time and experience.
I'm grateful to all.
Brent

Offline QwertyJuan

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #159 on: April 12, 2021, 11:46:58 AM »
Tom's depth of knowledge and experience is extraordinary.   But there are many knowledgeable people around that we don't hear about.

What made Tom so very special is how he patiently coached beginners like me ... week after week on this forum.

We were fortunate that we found him and he found us.

We are also fortunate that we have other members here that share their time and experience.
I'm grateful to all.

There have been multiple times I've thought.. man... I need to ask Tom about that. Then thinking, no, I can't. He was so willing to answer questions. Not many people as kind hearted with their knowledge as he was.