Pages:
Actions
  • #581 by jkb on 05 May 2022
  • It was not par-baked. I really like this oven. When making only one, I'll probably use this oven exclusively for DS and bar pizza. The oven preheats in about five minutes and has many other functions. It can proof at 80, it works as an air fryer and dehydrator. I wish I'd bought one years ago.

8x10 in the Breville is the way to go.  Roast chicken - big mistake.
  • #582 by Santo on 05 May 2022
  • I never "stretch" my doughballs. After mixing, I let the doughball rest in the pan for about 30 minutes then press it into the pan. It take two "presses" over about 15 minutes. The first photo is after the second press, the second is after the rise. Hope that helps.

Can you please describe how you press the dough into the pan? i am using a 14x14 sicilian pan and my dough ball is 682g. it feels like i am battling with the dough at times. I try to let it relax but sometimes i let it relax so much that it overproofs i think.
  • #583 by Quebert on 05 May 2022
  • What do you guys put your pizzas in? I buy 12 & 14" boxes for my normal pizzas. I'd love to get some 10x14" boxes for the Detriot pan I'm ordering this weekend. But I'm only seeing 1 web site that sells them and it looks like they require a pretty big order. I know I could use a normal 14" box, but I'd love to have 10x14 boxes so they'd fit more snugly.
Pages:
Actions