A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: A visit to pizzeria DiLauro  (Read 339 times)

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
A visit to pizzeria DiLauro
« on: February 05, 2022, 01:19:13 PM »
 Was finally able to visit member Adam DiLauroís pizzeria. I have know Adam for over 8 years as we both have mobile wood fired pizza businesses. Adam and I have done events together over the years and have become friends thru this forum as well as our many events we have done together.
 Almost a year ago he opened his brick and mortar pizzeria to rave reviews by every knowledge pizza person in the Cleveland area. More important his pizzeria has a big following from the pizza eating public.
 As you probably could  tell from his posts on the forum he is very detail oriented. His shop interior and work layout are well thought out.
  Adam moved away from Neapolitan pizza for this store. His pizza is East coast inspired. He is a fan of Angelo's pizza Philadelphia. And his pizza is closer to that type then a strict NY slice style. His dough is well fermented crispy thin exterior and light a airy chew. He uses top quality ingredients and lets them flavor his pizza. Tomatoes  seem  to be only salted. Grande east cost is his cheese blend Ezzo is his pepperoni of choice.
 He also has a knock out Sicilian and I think he uses the same dough as his thin. We had a absolutely  delicious spring street type square.
  I know that he is influenced by Brian Spangler and they talk often. What Adam said he does is a very slow bulk rise.then ages his dough 48 hours or longer. It works as the flavor is ver complex.
  One more comment. Every member of Adamís family are there working the business. From his father, mother, wife Tiffany , to his two children as well as his brother who is a CPA and has added Gellato school to his bank of knowledge. I could go on as they are expanding the plaza they are in to include a bar and smash burger restaurant.
  So it was a awesome visit. Adam Is a truly a wonderful person that will go out of his way to help any one aspiring to improve their pizza making. Pictures
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 01:27:32 PM by thezaman »

Offline Jersey Pie Boy

• Lifetime Member
Re: A visit to pizzeria DiLauro
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2022, 01:54:49 PM »
I love everything about this post!

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2022, 01:58:43 PM »
Cleveland is SO LUCKY to have this!!!!!!  I need you in my town :)

Offline Jon in Albany

• Lifetime Member
    • Jon In Albany Blog
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2022, 02:07:07 PM »
Of you are on Instagram, the pizzas look great too. The place (and this visit) sound great.

Offline Little bean

• Pizzeria DiLauro
    • Pizzeria DiLauro
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2022, 08:44:39 AM »
Very flattered to have one of the best guys in pizza, not just in the cleveland area but around the country come into our place and have such nice things to say. Larry was a huge reason why we got into pizza in the first place when I was selling strudel at a festival he was set up at and I just couldnít walk away from his booth and it was all over from there. He told me about this forum and I joined and dove right in and started learning how to make pizza. Appreciative of Larry and the many members of this forum who have contributed to helping us get our place open!

Offline waltertore

• Lifetime Member
  • # 1 RATED PIZZERIA IN USA ON YELP
    • Smiling With Hope Pizza
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2022, 02:41:46 PM »
I am glad things are going so good for you.  I wish I was still living in OH to check out your shop.   Tell Larry hi for me :) 
SMILING WITH HOPE PIZZA MISSION STATEMENT
TO CREATE HOPE AND MEANING IN THE LIVES OF PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
http://www.smilingwithhopepizza.com/

wordpress