A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Pizza Jerk, Portland OR  (Read 411 times)

Offline Jersey Pie Boy

• Lifetime Member
Pizza Jerk, Portland OR
« on: February 15, 2022, 06:57:59 PM »
So, I'd heard good things about a shop called Pizza Jerk, as in soda jerk. Started a couple of years ago by a well-known Portland restaurateur, Tommy Habetz.
Today seemed like a good day to grab a slice on the way back from an errand. Right now, as many places here, it's takeout or outside dining only. Plenty of space mid afternoon on a Tuesday at one of the pastel painted picnic tables
So I picked up my slice at the takeout window..the only other person back there was a kitchen worker finishing up his break. Turned out he was Tommy Habetz, making the pies himself
We had a nice chat...the guy knows pizza. And makes one of the very best slices I've had. Here...and really anywhere. Light. Crisp
 Perfectly topped with excellent ingredients in just the right balance.
For slices, there are 3 options. Plain   pepperoni or slice of the day. I chose that. The Linda: Kalamata olives, garlic . Red onions, mushrooms, tomato, mozz and basil.post.
Habetz said he uses Shepherds Grain AP, and a poolish. There was a well used gas deck oven, and while I didn't time bakes, they weren't fast. I'd guess 7 or 8 minutes .
So Pizza Jerk...one of best in town!

« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 07:02:05 PM by Jersey Pie Boy »

Offline Jersey Pie Boy

• Lifetime Member
Re: Pizza Jerk, Portland OR
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2022, 07:38:17 PM »
That's pretty amazing. Tommy Habetz baked this himself..it was very good.

Offline jkb

• Supporting Member
Re: Pizza Jerk, Portland OR
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2022, 09:01:04 AM »
This guy used to do a pop-up at local place.  He had his brothers press the dough in an unplugged press.  He was featured on Slice, but I can't find it.  SE has gone down the toilet and out to sea.

http://orapelloswoodfiredpizza.com/
John

A D V E R T I S E M E N T