A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: cheesy pizza, 99th and broadway, manhattan  (Read 249 times)

Offline quietdesperation

• Lifetime Member
  • I am not young enough to know everything - Oscar W
cheesy pizza, 99th and broadway, manhattan
« on: March 08, 2022, 06:53:24 PM »
iíve seen cheesy pizza on a couple of best-of lists, a two minute walk from our apt but looking in from the window, nothing too impressive (as one can see from the photos) so iíve always walked the extra couple of blocks to mamas too/sal & carmines.

Decided to give it a try today, big slice from an 18-19 inch pie, pretty nice puffy bake, as the name suggests an awful lot of good, buttery cheese, a thin but flavorful sauce on a bland crust.

definitely not a destination slice but a decent neighborhood option, good value for size of slice. place is a little dingy, good nyc service and every table was taken when i was there.

best,
« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 06:54:56 PM by quietdesperation »
jeff

Offline jkb

• Supporting Member
Re: cheesy pizza, 99th and broadway, manhattan
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2022, 07:30:53 PM »
Looks like it would have been a serviceable drunk pie in the '80s.
John

Offline quietdesperation

• Lifetime Member
  • I am not young enough to know everything - Oscar W
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2022, 09:05:34 PM »
Looks like it would have been a serviceable drunk pie in the '80s.

that's a fair assessment if you lived in nyc in the 80s. I've not found too many slices as good as this outside nyc although we all know they exist. this would have been the best slice in our home town in westchester, 20 miles from nyc...
jeff

Offline parallei

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2022, 09:20:16 PM »
iíve seen cheesy pizza on a couple of best-of lists, a two minute walk from our apt but looking in from the window, nothing too impressive (as one can see from the photos) so iíve always walked the extra couple of blocks to mamas too/sal & carmines.

Decided to give it a try today, big slice from an 18-19 inch pie, pretty nice puffy bake, as the name suggests an awful lot of good, buttery cheese, a thin but flavorful sauce on a bland crust.

definitely not a destination slice but a decent neighborhood option, good value for size of slice. place is a little dingy, good nyc service and every table was taken when i was there.

best,

One day, I gotta make it too NYC. Here in Denver, I couldn't drive for hours and find a slice that looked as good as that!

Offline 9slicePie

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2022, 10:15:27 AM »
Looks fantastic <3 !!

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress