Pages:
Actions
  • #461 by barryvabeach on 10 May 2022
  • Nice pie., thanks for the temp and time. 
  • #462 by Pizza_Not_War on 10 May 2022
  • Thanks. I think the lower hydration gives a better bottom on this stone. Of course only made a few so far.
  • #463 by valleycircle on 11 May 2022
  • Been very happy with the Halo. All of my tweaks and changes so far have been successful on some level. I've been preheating and launching around medium for longer bakes, sliding a screen under later in the bake to prevent too much bottom burn, usually finishing at full blast. These were from last night (added pepperoni and charred shallot mid-bake) at around 650-675 stone temp, about 4min bake.
  • #464 by TXCraig1 on 11 May 2022
  • That's a beautiful pizza!
  • #465 by valleycircle on 11 May 2022
  • Thanks! Still trying to lock in a slightly crispier bottom, but that's probably nitpicking.
  • #466 by Quebert on 11 May 2022
  • HUMMM!  That pic looks like it could be a stock photo you buy off a website, and I mean that as a compliment. Not just how the pizza looks, but the framing of the pic too.
  • #467 by valleycircle on 11 May 2022
  • Ha, thanks, cheap patio table and good light, I guess. Shot with an iPhone, touched up just a little in Snapseed.
  • #468 by barryvabeach on 11 May 2022
  • Great looking pie, but I am still not thrilled with the Halo - sorry to be nit picky, but I don't see why I should have to use a screen to prevent the bottom from burning with this oven -  still in search of a mod or process to avoid that. 
  • #469 by Essen1 on 11 May 2022
  • Great looking pie, but I am still not thrilled with the Halo - sorry to be nit picky, but I don't see why I should have to use a screen to prevent the bottom from burning with this oven -  still in search of a mod or process to avoid that.

For god's sake...ge t the Saputo! Or a Fiesoli.

Unless you change the stone, you'll continue to have problems at higher temps.

You'll be voiding the warranty with more mods not to mention whether they're safe and worth it, at this point.

This oven will not do Neapolitan. But it will do pizzas that'll blow your mind, with the right dough.
  • #470 by Pizza_Not_War on 11 May 2022
  • What's your warm up time with Saputo and temp?
  • #471 by Essen1 on 12 May 2022
  • What's your warm up time with Saputo and temp?

I usually preheat for 25 - 30mins, or until it shows around 700 - 725F on the stone.
  • #472 by Pizza_Not_War on 13 May 2022
  • 715f launch temp, 3:45 bake. I keep stretching my dough too thin out of habit but otherwise working well.
  • #473 by barryvabeach on 13 May 2022
  • That is great color  on the top for a 3:40 bake .   
  • #474 by Pizza_Not_War on 13 May 2022
  • That is great color  on the top for a 3:40 bake .   
    First pizza after shoving some insulation in the top.
  • #475 by thezaman on 14 May 2022
  • Larry , did you get an IR temp on the stone for launches of both pies?  If so ,  what were the numbers?

Sorry Barry the first pizza was at 625 no screen needed. The second was 750 way to hot so I placed my peel under the outer crust to keep it above the floor leaving the center to get full heat.

• #476 by barryvabeach on 14 May 2022
  • First pizza after shoving some insulation in the top.

That makes more sense -  most every pizza I have made has been very blond on the top .   I think I have 1/2 inch insulation,  I will start with that. 
  • #477 by Bill/SFNM on 14 May 2022
  • I'm loving this thread and the pizzas you all are turning out. It occurs to me that one of the manufacturers of these small, propane ovens should crowdsource a design from this forum. We could design it, they could build it, we'd buy it. Seriously, I doubt it would make financial sense unless thousands could be sold, but this thread makes clear the collective membership here could design a killer oven.

Meanwhile, keep making those beautiful pizzas. Very impressed!
  • #478 by barryvabeach on 14 May 2022
  • Bill,  we could certainly be beta testers and give them feedback.
  • #479 by Pizza_Not_War on 15 May 2022
  • 795f pepperoni launch 3:30
    775f other pizza 3:00

Hopefully the Fiesoli on order will sort the balance of top to bottom.
  • #480 by Essen1 on 16 May 2022
  • 795f pepperoni launch 3:30
    775f other pizza 3:00

Hopefully the Fiesoli on order will sort the balance of top to bottom.

Pizza looks great!

If the Fiesoli is an inch thick, you won't have any problems.
Pages:
Actions