A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: First time making dough tomorrow!  (Read 198 times)

Offline sburbano

• I Love Pizza!
First time making dough tomorrow!
« on: April 27, 2022, 09:10:18 PM »
So Iím diving into the deep end and finally getting started. I am preparing my dough recipe today to get started tomorrow. It is my very first time making pizza so after researching this site and having a brain overload (learned a new word today - poolish), Iím going to try to keep it simple. I am using an Alfa Forni gas/wood fire pizza oven and making 8 pizzas for a small party Iím throwing tomorrow. (Christening the oven):

Dough Recipe:
1427g Caputo Tipo 00
2.9g Caputo Lievito Dry Yeast
927 ml Water
42.8g Salt

My goal is to make the dough tomorrow(Thursday), knead and let rest at room temp for required time then into the fridge overnight to sit until Friday. Friday, I will take the dough out and cut into the dough balls to rest at room temp and then be ready to cook that evening.

The sauce Iím using 7/11 and just a little cut up fresh basil to the sauce.

Then all the toppings friends want/will enjoy. Itís ďNeapolitanĒ style but we are breaking code to enjoy some fun toppings on some of these.

In the end, I am fairly confident after watching countless videos on YouTube and reading here. I really just need to get through this christening so that I can build a little confidence moving forward. Wish me luck and if you have any advice between now and then at various stages let me know. Iíll be sure to post progress pictures and Iím keeping a journal to log ingredients, times etc

Offline kori

• Supporting Member
  • Let's make pizza today!
Re: First time making dough tomorrow!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2022, 10:57:55 PM »
Good luck Sean, I hope your party turns out great,
I SMILE AND WAVE....

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2022, 12:00:01 AM »
Expecting lots of pics!!!
Jon

ďThe two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.Ē-----------Mark Twain

"If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve."---------The Root Beer Lady

"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth."---------Muhammad Ali

Offline jkb

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2022, 01:27:05 AM »
I would scale up the dough and launch a couple undressed skins to gauge things - and I'm a confident guy.
John

Online Pizza_Not_War

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2022, 02:07:29 AM »
I agree with making extra dough balls. Would be pretty rare to nail 8 for 8 on your breaking in a new oven. Considering you haven't made pizza before also makes it ambitious.

Offline sburbano

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2022, 08:42:56 AM »
Thanks for that advice about the dough balls. The ingredients are enough to make 10 dough balls. Iím expecting 7 pizzas needed so three are for ďpractice.Ē