Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Jr07 on 09 May 2022
  • Anybody out there successfully making pizzas with 100% wholewheat? Perhaps a smart Move for flavor purposes but difficult  to achieve the right gluten development for working with?
    Thanks
  • #2 by Yael on 10 May 2022
  • I don't have any link at hand but I think you can find many threads about it in the forum.
  • #3 by barryvabeach on 11 May 2022
  • Yes,  I have been making 100% whole wheat  ( home milled ) for many years.   Not hard to achieve gluten development, but you won't get the same puffy rim you will get with BF or AP flour.
  • #4 by FoodSim on 11 May 2022
  • Search for Ultragrain on this forum if you want a whole wheat flour that performs like a refined flour, and if you can find it. It isn't as easy to obtain as it once was. I started the following thread, but there are others:

https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=6290.0

As for using a more typical whole wheat flour, I would think you can find many dough formulas that don't employ any special flour or radical methods. Speaking of radical methods, you might consider using a lipase inhibitor to prevent the oils in the wheat germ from breaking down. That at least helps with the flavor.
Pages:
Actions