A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
New York Style / Re: Simple NY Pizza Sauce
« Last post by jkb on Today at 11:28:26 PM »
I use black pepper for sweetness and bite.  Quite a bit.
Off-Topic Foods / Re: Started BBQ season.
« Last post by jkb on Today at 11:12:15 PM »

I'm comparing spits to spits, not to be confused with comparing massive shoulder chips to spitting contests.

Your mailbox is full.
Dough Clinic / Re: Crust Is A Little Tough
« Last post by RHawthorne on Today at 10:16:13 PM »
Others here have probably already touched on this point, but high gluten flour can definitely contribute a bit of toughness to the final product. I'm not a big fan of the stuff, and stick with flours in the range under 13% protein, with bread flour or a mix of bread flour and 00 being my favorite. AP can work, too, no matter what some may say. And definitely don't overmix your dough. 4 or 5 minutes at lowish speed can be just fine.
Neapolitan Style / Re: Reverse Engineering UPN Dough
« Last post by TXCraig1 on Today at 10:11:14 PM »
I can't find what temps you baked these at.

This was back when I was using my BBQ mod, so it was in the 725F range.
« Last post by jever4321 on Today at 10:03:55 PM »
Remove the oregano from the recipe. Replace it with fresh or puréed basil.  I just sauté a clove or two of garlic being careful to not burn it or the sauce will turn bitter. Then add tomato purée, salt, sugar and basil. I never measure sorry. The sugar cuts the acidity of the tomato so I normally add quite a bit. I’d say equal or slightly more than salt.  Add the oregano to each slice right before you eat it.

I hope that helps 😬
« Last post by bobgraff on Today at 09:54:09 PM »
I went down this same path, hunting for a decent sweet sauce. My main takeaway was that there wasn't anything I could add to the tomato sauce to make it "right".  Gotta start with a good tomato (in my case 7/11 + Full Red).

Another suggestion: transfer canned tomatoes into glass bowl for a day or two to dissipate any residual flavors from the can.

« Last post by texmex on Today at 09:42:05 PM »
I'm glad it was helpful. One of my favorite pizza projects for sure.

I have not read it yet, but noticed the SD observations and other details which I am interested in from your reference at that other SD thread where you mentioned SD% above 50.
Upon skimming the 1st posts in this thread, I can't find what temps you baked these at. Will delve into this when I have some time to pay attention.
I fear the worst for my upcoming attempt. My dough is currently cold fermenting ( about 8 hours now) and it is still very soft, and pillowy to touch why is this? I think it will stay that way, unfortunately.

Also, there are already a lot of small air pockets in this dough - I will only allow this to cold ferment for 24 hrs ( even this might be too late).

I believe I need to step away from all purpose flour and bite the bullet and invest in a more expensive higher protein flour.
Off-Topic Foods / Re: Started BBQ season.
« Last post by texmex on Today at 09:23:26 PM »
Ive been to brazillian steakhouses. Its most certainly different then this AL Pastor. The Picanha is a lot smaller and there is very little area that is not browned/charred. You are comparing apples to Oranges.

I'm comparing spits to spits, not to be confused with comparing massive shoulder chips to spitting contests.

« Last post by TXCraig1 on Today at 09:22:52 PM »
I'm glad it was helpful. One of my favorite pizza projects for sure.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20