A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: More flavour in dough  (Read 488642 times)

Offline texmex

• Supporting Member
  • I stole my avatar from the British Museum website
Re: More flavour in dough
« Reply #4000 on: October 06, 2020, 10:18:13 AM »
Wow! When the body says slow down we might go kicking and screaming into a more restful mode, but it's probably for the best. Maybe you'll find a new hobby to conquer with your style and perseverance.  8)  Best wishes to you, Norma.
Risa sin camisa, sinvergüenza.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Always working and looking for new information!
« Reply #4001 on: October 06, 2020, 08:55:35 PM »
Wow! When the body says slow down we might go kicking and screaming into a more restful mode, but it's probably for the best. Maybe you'll find a new hobby to conquer with your style and perseverance.  8)  Best wishes to you, Norma.

Ressa,

Thanks for the best wishes!  :)

My body says to slow down, but am not really going to go into a more restful mode.  I have lots of stuff to catch up with at home, and then onto making the Pizza She Shed.   :-D  At least now I can rest if I feel tired.

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4002 on: October 06, 2020, 09:04:29 PM »
Jim (my former helper) called and said he purchased a slice of Louie's pizza for me.  He brought the slice to my home.

Norma

Offline Jon in Albany

• Lifetime Member
    • Jon In Albany Blog
« Reply #4003 on: October 06, 2020, 09:33:16 PM »
This is what a slice looked like when I visited Roots. That's quite a change.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4004 on: October 06, 2020, 09:51:28 PM »
This is what a slice looked like when I visited Roots. That's quite a change.

Jon in Albany,

Thanks for posting photos when you visited Root's.  :) Yes it's quite a change.  I was selling my stand two ways.  One way was to sell the stand and teach someone how I make the pizza's at market.  The other way was to just sell the stand and equipment. After many talks to different people that wanted to learn and purchase the stand that way, it got quite frustrating that market management had changed the rent policy to percentage of gross sales from what I paid as just a set rent each month, plus utilities.  That turned a lot of potential buyers off.  Others still wanted to learn and purchase the stand, but I sure couldn't figure out how many hours it would take to teach someone.  I had said 6 weeks at first, but unless someone already knew the basics of making pizza's, it would be hard to teach someone all that needs teaching in 6 weeks.  I didn't want to spend everyday with someone and then be there on Tuesday's and help with anything that was needed.  Especially hard to teach how to make dough, in so many changing temperatures, and then see what would happen.  In the end decided just to sell stand and equipment.  Others wanted me to sign papers, saying I never would make pizza's anyplace, or anything like pizzas.  Wanted my Instagram account and many other things and wanted to pay a really low price for everything.  Maybe I did the right thing, or maybe the wrong, but at least I can make any kinds of pizza's i want now.

Norma

Offline Jersey Pie Boy

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4005 on: October 06, 2020, 11:33:55 PM »
You did it right , Norma!  The new stand probably won't need to clear a spot to display the Caputo cup >:D

Offline Jon in Albany

• Lifetime Member
    • Jon In Albany Blog
« Reply #4006 on: October 07, 2020, 12:05:59 AM »
Jon in Albany,

Thanks for posting photos when you visited Root's.  :) Yes it's quite a change.  I was selling my stand two ways.  One way was to sell the stand and teach someone how I make the pizza's at market.  The other way was to just sell the stand and equipment. After many talks to different people that wanted to learn and purchase the stand that way, it got quite frustrating that market management had changed the rent policy to percentage of gross sales from what I paid as just a set rent each month, plus utilities.  That turned a lot of potential buyers off.  Others still wanted to learn and purchase the stand, but I sure couldn't figure out how many hours it would take to teach someone.  I had said 6 weeks at first, but unless someone already knew the basics of making pizza's, it would be hard to teach someone all that needs teaching in 6 weeks.  I didn't want to spend everyday with someone and then be there on Tuesday's and help with anything that was needed.  Especially hard to teach how to make dough, in so many changing temperatures, and then see what would happen.  In the end decided just to sell stand and equipment.  Others wanted me to sign papers, saying I never would make pizza's anyplace, or anything like pizzas.  Wanted my Instagram account and many other things and wanted to pay a really low price for everything.  Maybe I did the right thing, or maybe the wrong, but at least I can make any kinds of pizza's i want now.

Norma

Norma-
My guess is that you sold the right way. Clean break from the business and you can do whatever you like. As JPB said, I don't think their pizza will win the Caputo cup. The change isn't an improvement.

Offline waltertore

• Lifetime Member
  • # 1 RATED PIZZERIA IN USA ON YELP
    • Smiling With Hope Pizza
« Reply #4007 on: October 07, 2020, 01:18:10 AM »
Norma:  That slice they put out looked pretty lame.   I guess the mojo of your ovens and your many years there left with you :'(
SMILING WITH HOPE PIZZA MISSION STATEMENT
TO CREATE HOPE AND MEANING IN THE LIVES OF PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
http://www.smilingwithhopepizza.com/

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4008 on: October 07, 2020, 08:15:24 AM »
You did it right , Norma!  The new stand probably won't need to clear a spot to display the Caputo cup >:D

Glad you think I did it right.  Lol, about they probably won't need to clear a spot to display a Caputo Cup.

Norma-
My guess is that you sold the right way. Clean break from the business and you can do whatever you like. As JPB said, I don't think their pizza will win the Caputo cup. The change isn't an improvement.

Jon in Albany,

Thanks for guessing I sold the right way.  New owners had wanted to keep the name “Norma's Pizza”.  My lawyer said it was ok to use the same name as a fictitious name.  After talking to them for awhile found out they don't do any social media, for their food places at the Pa. Renaissance Faire, or any social media.  I gave them some links to look at for my Facebook page, Instagram, and other links.  After reading up on me they said they didn't want to keep that name for the stand.  Said that was okay with me. 

Norma:  That slice they put out looked pretty lame.   I guess the mojo of your ovens and your many years there left with you :'(

Walter,

Think the mojo of the ovens still is there, if someone wants it.  I had cut the slice in half and just reheated a half of slice.  There was a gum line on the bottom of the sauce and almost all along the bottom of the crust.

Norma 

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4009 on: October 14, 2020, 07:40:28 AM »
Went to market yesterday to give the new owners Bill of Sale and to shop.  My old pizza stand looks great. Some photos from yesterday.

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4010 on: October 14, 2020, 07:43:21 AM »
Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4011 on: October 14, 2020, 07:46:39 AM »
Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4012 on: October 14, 2020, 07:48:20 AM »
Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4013 on: October 14, 2020, 07:51:03 AM »
If anyone is interested in seeing a video I took talking with Tony, it is on Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGSmSetjIwU/

Norma

Offline amolapizza

• Lifetime Member
  • If pizza is food for the gods, what are we..
« Reply #4014 on: October 17, 2020, 04:40:04 PM »
It looks good, but in this day and age it disturbs me to see someone preparing food without wearing a mask!

Edit: And to be honest your pizza looked much better!  Too bad that I've never tasted it!
Jack

Effeuno P134H (500C), Biscotto Fornace Saputo, Sunmix Sun6, Caputo Pizzeria, Caputo Saccorosso, Mutti Pelati.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4015 on: October 17, 2020, 10:46:21 PM »
It looks good, but in this day and age it disturbs me to see someone preparing food without wearing a mask!

Edit: And to be honest your pizza looked much better!  Too bad that I've never tasted it!

Jack,

Not sure why Tony didn't have a mask on, but after awhile did put one on.  There are a lot of "ready to eat" food vendors at market that aren't wearing masks.  No masks are required for customers either.

Thanks for saying my pizza looked much butter.   :)

Norma

Offline lennyk

« Reply #4016 on: October 20, 2020, 06:27:23 AM »
All the best Norma, you certainly put a lot of heart into your product and operation.

I havent been on this forum in months but have followed this thread for many years and it has never waned.

L

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4017 on: October 20, 2020, 08:41:46 PM »
All the best Norma, you certainly put a lot of heart into your product and operation.

I havent been on this forum in months but have followed this thread for many years and it has never waned.

L

Thanks for the best Lenny!  I tried to turn out a good pizza's. 

Thanks also for following this thread.   :)

Norma

Offline Mark Polo

« Reply #4018 on: October 29, 2020, 10:12:56 PM »
Hate to see you shut down the pizza stand Norma, but i have pleasant memories of my trips down to Lancaster with my family and stopping in your shop.  I moved to Lancaster almost 30 years ago, and the pizza was terrible compared to my home area.  The only OK pizza was Papa Dino's, which you wrote about in the past.  Unfortunately I had to leave the area.  I love pizza, and have been to hundreds of places.  You brought world class pizza to the Lancaster area.   I am sure you will recreate your pizza at home.   Keep us posted.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4019 on: November 01, 2020, 08:04:48 AM »
Hate to see you shut down the pizza stand Norma, but i have pleasant memories of my trips down to Lancaster with my family and stopping in your shop.  I moved to Lancaster almost 30 years ago, and the pizza was terrible compared to my home area.  The only OK pizza was Papa Dino's, which you wrote about in the past.  Unfortunately I had to leave the area.  I love pizza, and have been to hundreds of places.  You brought world class pizza to the Lancaster area.   I am sure you will recreate your pizza at home.   Keep us posted.

Mark,

It was time to shut the pizza stand down.  Thanks for saying you had pleasant memories of your trips to Lancaster with your family and stopping at my stand.  At the end Papa Dino's wasn't what it used to be.  Will try to recreate my pizza's at home, when the Blodgett gets hooked up in the shed.

Norma

wordpress