A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: steel + broiler method progress  (Read 1504 times)

Offline NoBSpizza

Re: steel + broiler method progress
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2022, 05:54:59 PM »
Sure looks like it but you'll only know for sure by also sampling the 'real' thing comparing softness of the crust/mouthfeel/taste etc.

I have a wood-fired oven and have eaten several Neapolitan pizzas in Italy. ;)
Friday morning. You had a hard week and the day ahead of you is long. But then you remember: you're going to make and eat pizza tonight. This is going to be a good day.

Offline Ovenray

• I like it out of the box
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2022, 06:10:00 PM »

I have a wood-fired oven and have eaten several Neapolitan pizzas in Italy. ;)

That settles it then  8)
EffeUno P134HA 509

Offline NoBSpizza

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2022, 07:45:04 AM »
yesterday´s nearlypolitan broiler + steel two minute pizza
Friday morning. You had a hard week and the day ahead of you is long. But then you remember: you're going to make and eat pizza tonight. This is going to be a good day.

Offline wiz_d_kidd

• Make Mine Large!
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2022, 09:07:36 AM »
NoBSpizza, that looks very much like the "nearlypolitan broiler + steel two minute pizza" that I get...

Offline NoBSpizza

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2022, 02:25:05 PM »
NoBSpizza, that looks very much like the "nearlypolitan broiler + steel two minute pizza" that I get...
Good job, looks like the real deal. I can see that you´re using another flour than I do. Looks like it has a fairly high proteine content. Caputo? Also, your hydration seems lower. Finally, based on the charred peperonis (compare them to mine in the last pic) it looks like your broiler is stronger than mine.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2022, 02:30:22 PM by NoBSpizza »

Offline wiz_d_kidd

• Make Mine Large!
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2022, 02:28:43 PM »
Good job, looks like the real deal. I can see that you´re using another flour than I do. Looks like it has a fairly high proteine content. Caputo?

It was Caputo Chef's flour. I can't get small bags of their Pizzeria flour.

Offline NoBSpizza

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2022, 05:56:41 AM »
It was Caputo Chef's flour. I can't get small bags of their Pizzeria flour.
Judging by the char on your peperonis your broiler seems quite strong. If you increase the hydration a bit and manage to put the pizza in with a bubblier cornicione you might be able to pull off a 90 seconds pizza.

Offline wiz_d_kidd

• Make Mine Large!
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2022, 09:06:20 AM »
Judging by the char on your peperonis your broiler seems quite strong. If you increase the hydration a bit and manage to put the pizza in with a bubblier cornicione you might be able to pull off a 90 seconds pizza.

Perhaps. But I'm already close. My usual bake is 110 seconds. The steel is only about 2-1/2 inches from the broiler element, so the char is more about proximity than strength of the broiler.

I do need to increase the size of the dough ball, though, so that I can reserve more for a fatter cornicione. I tend to spread it too thin right now. Even now, however, I get puffy bubbles that spring up and touch the broiler element! I like charred bubbles, but they stick to the element and break when you slide the pizza out. Oh well. Still working on the technique...

Offline NoBSpizza

« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2022, 01:24:39 PM »
today´s contemporanea with high hydration and wide cornicione ... was happy to get something like that out of a home oven

Offline NoBSpizza

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2022, 03:08:40 PM »
AP flour, 70%, 24 CF, steel + broiler - to me it looks like the real deal   :drool:
« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 03:11:02 PM by NoBSpizza »

Offline 9slicePie

• Supporting Member
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2022, 04:31:10 PM »
Going forward, can you post undercrust pics also?

Offline Chopper01

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is a race to the second last slice lol 🍕
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2022, 05:28:37 PM »
today´s contemporanea with high hydration and wide cornicione ... was happy to get something like that out of a home oven

This is pretty much the same results i get with a Breville Pizzaiolo with dough that is fermented 72Hrs+.
Pizza Party Ardore w/Saputo Biscotto Stone.
Blackstone Patio Oven w/Sorrento Biscotto Stone.
Gozney Roccbox w/Saputo Biscotto Stone.
Black & Decker 5min Pizza Oven w/Baking steel
Breville Pizzaiolo
Baking Steel 16” x 16”

Offline NoBSpizza

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2023, 02:05:54 PM »
Yesterday's pizza

wordpress