A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
Shop Talk / Re: Has inflation affected your traffic?
« Last post by woodfiredandrew on Today at 11:16:07 AM »
Dine in has been slow for past month or so. yes slight uptick in delivery.
I think all the operators are going to be forced to reevaluate their product/quality/pricing ect.  since consumers are tighting their belt, Bad operators will get pushed out. 
Shop Talk / Re: Don't buy a Free/Cheap POS
« Last post by halo10v2 on Today at 11:12:42 AM »
I gather that you're with Speedline? What kind of rates are you seeing for CC processing? We aren't seeing much lower that 2.5-2.8%.
Shop Talk / Re: Logo
« Last post by 9slicePie on Today at 11:09:51 AM »
we are working on a Street Food business

If that's the case, then the 1st logo doesn't seem that bad.  When people are walking out in the streets, I feel that seeing a pizza slice will "lure" them in more (psychologically/subconsciously). 

Seeing a drawing of pizza while outside = happy feeling = may motivate potential customers to come to you.

So, the pizza-slice logo might be better for a street business.  (I initially assumed you were going for a high-end, artisanal look/shop).

(The above is coming from someone with no actual business experience; just tried to think it out from this perspective).
« Last post by TXCraig1 on Today at 10:58:44 AM »
I'm curious if you will actually toss the pizza? If not, the hand tossing pizza on the logo could prove to be a negative. It would be a shame if people whined on social media about a lack of tossing rather than praising great pizza. Give people an excuse, and they will complain.
« Last post by TXCraig1 on Today at 10:49:36 AM »
I like the second one and don't like the other two at all.

Ira

I agree. I don't love the second but I've give a hard no on the other two. The Hilda's Pizza text alignment got wonky somehow on the second.
Pizza Ovens / Re: Consolidated Halo Topic
« Last post by Jersey Pie Boy on Today at 10:30:47 AM »
Sorry, not sure where Mike's recipe is shown..is it in this thread?
New York Style / Re: Matt's NY Pizza, by HammettJr
« Last post by Sokkr on Today at 09:51:25 AM »
I bake at 500F. And good note, I'm making notes of everything and will be compiling information together once I get all the data.

And the only reason why I have a screen is because my stone is 16" and I wanted to make it more of a larger NY slice (the pizzeria I grew up on took slices from 24" pizza so large slices).

So I might put the screen on the stone and bake for x:xx time OR bake on the screen at a higher rack until it's firm and then transfer to the stone on the lower rack.
General Pizza Making / Re: Do you over ferment?
« Last post by TXCraig1 on Today at 09:32:42 AM »
I've been intentionally trying to overferment lately, and it's been harder to do than I expected. IMO, it's better to overferment than underferment.
If im understating this correctly, you are letting it more than double in bulk?  If so I want some of your starter!

No +20% in bulk and double in balls. I don't care for the dough handling of a ball that had a big rise in bulk.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
wordpress