A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Los Angeles where to shop  (Read 2807 times)

Offline PizzaEater101

Re: Los Angeles where to shop
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2021, 10:52:05 AM »
I go there for the cheese and sausage crumble 10lb box.  It's pretty good.  Also Bought the pepperoni and still use it but it's cut to thin. I won't but it again

Jerry

It's nice to see local to So Cal people here.  You and PizzaSean.  If you go to Restaurant Depot they have good pepperoni slices and I don't think it's so thin.  Also maybe you can go to Tama Trading in DTLA and get Swiss brand pepperoni.  It's very good.  You just need enough freezer space because it's such a huge amount.  Sam e for RD.

Offline PizzaEater101

« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2021, 10:53:50 AM »
I go there for the cheese and sausage crumble 10lb box.  It's pretty good.  Also Bought the pepperoni and still use it but it's cut to thin. I won't but it again

Jerry

What cheese?  Bella Rosano WM Moz?

Offline Quebert

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2021, 03:00:50 PM »
I dunno if this is all So Cal locations, but the 2 Walmarts by me have 1lb bags of Margherita thick sliced Pepperoni. I'd say they're around 3mm thick.  I also don't know how they compare to the fancy brands RD and those places sell, but to me they're tasty and definitely thick, they cup up nice in my Ooni too. Also nice I can buy them at 2 store within 4 miles of my house, and it's only 1 pound so I don't need a dedicated freezer for my Pepperoni lol.

Offline rkrider99

« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2021, 04:09:36 PM »
Oh that's so funny, for some reason I thought that my regular Costco card was no good at that location. I'm excited to try a loaf of the Bella Rosno! Do you remember what the price per lb tends to be like?

I've bought Bella Rosano from Costco since 12/12/2017. I have a picture, which I think I posted somewhere on this site, that showed the price at $1.88 a pound. In 2018 the price was $1.98 a pound. In 2019, $1.89, and Nov 2020 it was $2.99.
This past February, when I purchased it, $2.66 a pound. I buy the whole case, divide it into 1 - 1.25 lb chunks, and vacuum pack them. It's usually gone in around 26-30 weeks, depending on how many pizzas I make.

As a matter of fact, I have 2 one pound chunks left. Time for another trip.

Offline halfprice

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2021, 05:49:46 PM »
What cheese?  Bella Rosano WM Moz?
Yes. I like it a lot.   I've never been to a rd or Tama.  I do need to find a good pepperoni. I'd like to try enzos but shipping is a killer

Jerry

Offline halfprice

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2021, 05:54:55 PM »
I've bought Bella Rosano from Costco since 12/12/2017. I have a picture, which I think I posted somewhere on this site, that showed the price at $1.88 a pound. In 2018 the price was $1.98 a pound. In 2019, $1.89, and Nov 2020 it was $2.99.
This past February, when I purchased it, $2.66 a pound. I buy the whole case, divide it into 1 - 1.25 lb chunks, and vacuum pack them. It's usually gone in around 26-30 weeks, depending on how many pizzas I make.

As a matter of fact, I have 2 one pound chunks left. Time for another trip.
I saw your original post and copied your system but I only but 2 or 3 blocks

Jerry

Offline PizzaEater101

« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2021, 07:36:50 PM »
Yes. I like it a lot.   I've never been to a rd or Tama.  I do need to find a good pepperoni. I'd like to try enzos but shipping is a killer

Jerry

Yeah if you ever need anything from Tama I'll give you my contact info.  You can't just go there, you need to call and order then go to the Will Call and pay cash.  I really like that Swiss brand they carry.  Cups really nicely and taste great.

Swiss American brand -

https://www.burkecorp.com/fully-cooked-meats/swiss-american-sausage-co/#:~:text=%20%20%20%20%20%20%20Species,%2019-20%20Slices%2Foz%20%207%20more%20rows%20
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 07:42:42 PM by PizzaEater101 »

Offline halfprice

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2021, 10:39:46 AM »
Yeah if you ever need anything from Tama I'll give you my contact info.  You can't just go there, you need to call and order then go to the Will Call and pay cash.  I really like that Swiss brand they carry.  Cups really nicely and taste great.

Swiss American brand -

https://www.burkecorp.com/fully-cooked-meats/swiss-american-sausage-co/#:~:text=%20%20%20%20%20%20%20Species,%2019-20%20Slices%2Foz%20%207%20more%20rows%20
I'll definitely hit you up for the contact soon.  I want to try a deep cupping pepperoni or any good quality one

Which one have you tried and liked??

I'll be fishing in Alaska next week. So after the trip I'll go

I have a freezer in the garage so I have a lot of storage but after the fishing trip it will probably be full

Jerry
« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 11:09:25 AM by halfprice »

Offline PizzaEater101

« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2021, 04:08:48 PM »
I'll definitely hit you up for the contact soon.  I want to try a deep cupping pepperoni or any good quality one

Which one have you tried and liked??

I'll be fishing in Alaska next week. So after the trip I'll go

I have a freezer in the garage so I have a lot of storage but after the fishing trip it will probably be full

Jerry

The only pepperoni I have tried recently was the Swiss brand and it's very good and cups.  I don't recall brand names of the stick pepperoni I have used and cut myself.  I probably have used Hormel's in  small packages from the grocery store.  Recently I b ought a bag from Smart & Final but I forgot the brand.  Was on sale. 
Was good but Swiss brand was better.

Was at RD this morning to look and found these but didnít buy.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 06:28:27 PM by Pete-zza »

Offline Quebert

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2021, 08:28:22 PM »
Okay, can someone please explain to me what the hell "the performance pepperoni" and "BOLD sliced" mean?

Offline PizzaEater101

« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2021, 10:44:34 PM »
Okay, can someone please explain to me what the hell "the performance pepperoni" and "BOLD sliced" mean?

LOL. I was wondering the same thing.

Offline halfprice

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2021, 01:08:20 AM »
The only pepperoni I have tried recently was the Swiss brand and it's very good and cups.  I don't recall brand names of the stick pepperoni I have used and cut myself.  I probably have used Hormel's in  small packages from the grocery store.  Recently I b ought a bag from Smart & Final but I forgot the brand.  Was on sale. 
Was good but Swiss brand was better.

Was at RD this morning to look and found these but didnít buy.

On the Tama website they show several SWiss Brand Pepperoni Thats what I was asking about.   Would probably try the cup Just wondering if you tried it.

Jerry

Offline halfprice

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2021, 01:21:27 AM »

Swiss American brand -

Just realized this link is to Burke and not Tama Trading   Just went to Tamas website and viewed their product list.   Its huge!!!   Didnt see Swiss brand Pepperoni but did see cup and char so maybe thats it.

Also saw Cuputo Pizzaria blue flour.    Might have to get a bag from them if the price is right.   Im almost out   Have about 10 lbs left.

Jerry

Offline PizzaEater101

« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2021, 07:31:03 PM »

Just realized this link is to Burke and not Tama Trading   Just went to Tamas website and viewed their product list.   Its huge!!!   Didnt see Swiss brand Pepperoni but did see cup and char so maybe thats it.

Also saw Cuputo Pizzaria blue flour.    Might have to get a bag from them if the price is right.   Im almost out   Have about 10 lbs left.

Jerry

No Swiss brand there anymore.  Had no idea.  They may have it but not listed.  Send me a private message and Iíll give you the number for my contact.  You call and ask about what you want and she can let you know.

Offline PizzaEater101

« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2021, 07:43:07 PM »
Here is a couple of pics of a pizza from last year.  I had to go back to an old post of mine.  I didn't still have a pic on my computer but an old post it was there.  I am out of Swiss brand but I know at the time I posted this I had Swiss brand.  You can see if you like the way it looks and cups.  Cheese is the pre-shredded Grande. 

Offline halfprice

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2021, 05:22:41 PM »
No Swiss brand there anymore.  Had no idea.  They may have it but not listed.  Send me a private message and Iíll give you the number for my contact.  You call and ask about what you want and she can let you know.
Pm sent

Offline PizzaEater101

« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2021, 11:00:08 AM »
Here is a pepperoni comparison.  No Swiss brand here but you all saw my pics of the pizza I made with Swiss brand.  They mention the Bold Pepperoni.

Offline PizzaEater101

« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2021, 11:06:49 AM »
I looked up Burke Pepperoni since they make Swiss American brand.  Not sure what he means by the Swiss being west coast style but regardless it does cup good.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 11:13:36 AM by PizzaEater101 »

Offline rkrider99

« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2021, 02:26:22 PM »
Just as a follow-up to the Bella Rosano mozzarella info.

I stopped at Costco Business Center on Wednesday to stock up for the next 26 weeks. Bella Rosano is back to $1.89 a pound here in Florida. They had plenty of it.

One thing I noticed on the sign was shelf life good for 120 day from date of manufacture. All the boxes and loaves that were there were dated sell by 11/3/2021 or 11/9/2021, so they must get regular shipments and based on the dates it's pretty fresh.

They also had North Lake part skim mozzarella cheese right next to the Bella Rosano. Funny thing, exact same box, exact same price, exact same packaging, so either Bella Rosano makes North Lake or vice versa.

Offline PizzaEater101

« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2021, 03:56:30 PM »
rk, I don't have any of these brands now but I think they are indeed made by the same company just different names and one is WM and one PSM. 

Do you know where they are made?  I think are both made in Hayward, CA.  If so then I would say made by same company. 

By the way, Bella is such good cheese I am gonna stick with that even though I have access to Grande.  Grande cost more but not much if any better than Bella, plus Bella is no hassle to get a hold of.  Grande takes some work getting. 
« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 04:02:22 PM by PizzaEater101 »