A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Anaheim peppers on pizza = delicious!  (Read 283 times)

Offline icemanxp300

• I Love Pizza!
Anaheim peppers on pizza = delicious!
« on: March 04, 2022, 11:52:30 PM »
So I use to put banana peppers on my pizza but about two years ago I started getting stomach problems and stopped eating lots of spicy/hot foods. Last year I ended up getting my appendix removed even though they said it wasn't causing my problems but looked abnormal. Anyhow a few weeks ago I was at the store and figured I'd give peppers a try again.

Looking at the hotness chart I seen Anaheim was very mild, so mild they can hardly be considered a hot pepper. I had always thought they were on the hotter side but they are not. I would best describe them as a slight bell pepper taste with a kick. I even ate a small piece raw when I first got them to try and gauge how hot they were. For the past 3 weeks I have put Anaheim peppers, onions, mushrooms, pepperoni on my pizzas and they are amazing. Even my boy likes them. I dice them up in a nutri-chopper I asked for at xmas.

I wouldn't want to go back to banana peppers, Anaheim peppers are delicious and not something I would have expected to taste good on a pizza.

Offline 02ebz06

• Lifetime Member
Re: Anaheim peppers on pizza = delicious!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2022, 11:16:51 AM »
Anaheim peppers came from Mexico to California.
Then migrated to New Mexico where they are grown in the Hatch Valley.
Due to soil and climate differences they are not called Anaheim here, but Hatch Chilies.
You can get them from mild to extra hot.
I have put them on my pizza many times.
Wife likes mild, I like hot.   :-D
Bruce here... My cooking toys --> FGM 800-B Pizza Oven, Pellet Grill, Pellet Smoker, Propane Griddle, Propane Grill

Offline icemanxp300

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2022, 02:27:21 PM »
You can get them from mild to extra hot.

This must be why I always thought they were hotter. I like the mild ones, I avoid hot stuff these days. I was never really into hot sauce or real hot peppers anyhow but a little wing sauce with blue cheese on chicken is pretty tasty :)

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2022, 04:25:19 PM »
Remove seeds and veins to make a chile less hot. 

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress