A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
Newbie Topics / Toppings burning
« Last post by bnew17 on Today at 09:20:43 PM »
I had my first cook on my Koda 16 tonight. I had two problems. It was a disaster getting dough balls out of the individual containers. I put some olive oil in bottom of each container before I put the doughballs in. Needless to say my pies looked like you know what. I made the dough Thursday night because my oven was supposed to be in on Friday, but Fed Ex did not deliver it until Saturday.Second is I preheated oven for 25 min on high. I made 2 pepperoni and 2 cheese. Was using kraft shredded mozz and bag pepperonis. The cheese and the pepperoni burned before the the crust browned. I turned the burner all the way down just before i put the pies in. What did I do wrongand how can I fix it? I have been reading a ton but I have 0 experience.
Dough Clinic / Re: Anyone diagnose my sourdough issues?
« Last post by za12345 on Today at 08:25:10 PM »
Stop yourself. As stated, your starter doubled in size using 30% starter in six hours. So now you want to use the same formula but let it sit for 24hrs? You’ll end up with soup. Follow the Gozney recipe and enjoy your pizza. Once the training wheels are off you can play…
Ah my mistake.  I didn't know it would turn to soup.  I'll do the recommended 10% with cold water for 12 hours.
Off-Topic Foods / Re: Sweets and Desserts
« Last post by HansB on Today at 08:16:25 PM »
Self-explanatory.

« Last post by GumbaWill on Today at 07:45:57 PM »
Blueberry macarons.

Nice! Pro-quality!
« Last post by GumbaWill on Today at 07:45:34 PM »
Blueberry macarons.

Nice! Pro-quality!
« Last post by HansB on Today at 06:51:29 PM »
Blueberry macarons.

Fibrament is great but takes too long to preheat. I've got two of them but rarely use them anymore. Amazon has tons of cheap Corderite stones that will work well.
Shop Talk / Re: Blodgett 1000 from an propane tank
« Last post by waltertore on Today at 06:37:50 PM »
A 911P is a completely different oven with nowhere near the btu's or gas needs of a 1000.  Having worked with them on and off for 50 years and having owned the same stack of 1000's - 18 years now at our pizzeria, I have 1word of advice -plumber.  Get yourself a good plumber and have them set up to the specs for the gas input amounts. Once that is done get someone who is skilled in these ovens and have them go through it.   I have seen more of these ovens rigged so dangerously that it is a miracle they haven't blown up and will run with major damage to them.  It will never run right if you don't have it all set up.   Also, if you don't have original stones it will never perform as it should.  See photos of how the stones are notched and GSB stamped on the side of stones. I have them and do not rotate pies during the bake.  Most younger people do not believe this as new ovens all need to rotate pies.  I have done lots of research on these ovens over the years with Norma Knepp.  Here is an article we wrote for PMQ on Frank Mastro who designed the 1000 and his 90 year old daughter told me that when he finished the 1000 it was perfection.  You will see him working on the 1000 prototype with the NYC gas company.   Here are some photos of an original manual I own you need to show the plumber and a bake in our oven. 

https://www.pmq.com/the-pizza-kings-the-strange-sad-story-of-the-industrys-greatest-and-most-tragic-visionaries
Stones/tiles/steel, Pans & Accessories / Re: Need a stone for my smoker
« Last post by 02ebz06 on Today at 06:03:52 PM »
I've used Fibrament for years.
They can cut to size.  Make sure you specify it is for use in a grill if you decide to get one.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
wordpress