A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Valoriani baby 75?  (Read 3873 times)

Offline GilScales

• I Love Pizza!
Valoriani baby 75?
« on: October 05, 2021, 08:18:45 PM »
https://www.valoriani.us/en/product_sheet.php?id=23

I am looking for a nice all weather oven that is both gas and wood, I want something that can do Neapolitan well but still have the heat retention for baking, would like to be able to have one compact oven that can do it all, max price is $7,000 to $8,000, Larger and higher end models would be nice but the WAF would go downhill fast if I tried for a 100cm 15k oven! plus I really like the looks of the Valoriani baby.

Any other suggestions? I'm new to this world but can't imagine that pulling the trigger on something in this quality range would be a mistake.

Offline Elchimi

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Valoriani baby 75?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2021, 08:30:04 PM »
Pavesi ovens are pretty good. Iíd like to get one but itís too big for the backyard.  They are sold by ForzaForni, they also sell Acunto ovens btw.

https://shop.forzaforni.com/?_ga=2.1209269.569523586.1633480097-248184706.1633480097

Offline GilScales

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2021, 01:26:23 AM »
Yeah, they look nice and they are big!, I could squeeze one in the space I have but by the time you add gas and a stand they are in the 12 to 13k range, over budget for sure.

Offline JeffShoaf

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!

Offline Elchimi

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2021, 11:14:32 AM »
Can you use a gas burner with the breadstone ovens?

Offline Elchimi

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2021, 11:21:34 AM »
One less pricey alternative to Valoriani baby is a ZioCiro 80.  A bit less expensive $4200 with gas/wood combo. Itís for sure lighter, but stilll refractory oven, probably better floor to bake with less conductive ( thatís what I heard at least) Valoriani looks more high end, higher quality, I havenít used one myself , think the Valoriani is a great oven btw. Thereís some nice reviews as well.

Offline GilScales

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2021, 12:42:49 PM »
Yes, the Zio 80 was the other choice but not able to hold up to weather as well, just curious where you heard about the difference in the floors as I searched for info like that but have not found any.

Offline JeffShoaf

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2021, 01:35:26 PM »
Can you use a gas burner with the breadstone ovens?

They offer gas burners for their ovens. Several folks here have cake and talked to them; by all accounts, they give excellent advice even if their advice is to go with another oven.

I looked long and hard at their ovens but since I was more interested in a quicker preheat than residual heat for baking (plus I'd have had to get a crane to place the heavier brick oven) I went with a stainless steel Fontana Forni gas oven. You can definitely bake bread, etc. in the Fontana but you'd probably need to keep the fire burning instead of relying on residual heat. They have lots of videos on cooking all sorts of things in addition to pizza. https://www.fontanaforniusa.com/

Offline Elchimi

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2021, 03:15:10 PM »
They discussed the floors on a German Facebook pizza blog. My understanding is that some favor the ZioCiro because of the low price, still good quality, very good low conductive floor and P1 burner. The ones who have the Valoriani say itís high quality and better built than the Zio, so if money is not the issue then less of a problem.

Offline GilScales

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2021, 09:31:20 PM »
The Zio needs to be out of the weather which is a big problem for me as my spot is in the open, I like the lower price for sure and its a little larger which is a plus.

The Valoriani that I have reserved does have the P1 burner instead of the Millburg so not sure if that's a plus or a minus? I looked on the site for the Florida distributor and ALL gas Zio's are out of stock, the price with shipping and stand would be over 5k for the Zio 80 gas (if they had any)

If I pick up the Valoriani I can save shipping cost so while still being higher in price the gap is not too large, I think it's better to get something more all weather rated.

My personal opinion is that it looks way better and being a focal point in my back yard I want something that I find more appealing.

Well it seems I have talked myself into the Valoriani baby 75 already!

Offline Elchimi

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2021, 11:27:16 PM »
Hereís an interesting video/review about the Valoriani baby from this German guy who dumped his Zio in the forest before.

Offline GilScales

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2021, 02:39:31 AM »
Yes I had ran across that video and his review helped steer me to this oven, there is not a lot of reviews out there and that is why I was reaching out here on this forum, one person who has this oven has responded to me with very good reviews so I think this is the one for me. thank you for your help, much appreciated.

Offline Elchimi

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2021, 08:43:49 AM »
I looked into the burner issue this guy had, and thereís little to no proof that you will have any problems with the P1. Actually the guy in the video was the only one on the Grillsportverein  forum who ever had a problem with the P1 so I wouldnít worry too much about the burner.
Pls keep us posted how your oven turns out and how the floor is, Maybe Iíll get one of these at some point instead of the Zio 80 or Pavesi.

Offline ilya_n

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2021, 09:39:27 AM »
The Zio needs to be out of the weather which is a big problem for me as my spot is in the open, I like the lower price for sure and its a little larger which is a plus.

The Valoriani that I have reserved does have the P1 burner instead of the Millburg so not sure if that's a plus or a minus? I looked on the site for the Florida distributor and ALL gas Zio's are out of stock, the price with shipping and stand would be over 5k for the Zio 80 gas (if they had any)

If I pick up the Valoriani I can save shipping cost so while still being higher in price the gap is not too large, I think it's better to get something more all weather rated.

My personal opinion is that it looks way better and being a focal point in my back yard I want something that I find more appealing.

Well it seems I have talked myself into the Valoriani baby 75 already!

Good luck with the new oven! It looks gorgeous and definitely has a lot of potential.

I noticed you keep saying that Zio Ciro needs to be out of the weather... do you mean you can't use it during rain/snow or store it indoors during the winter season? It seems that people keep ZC outside and one would want to have it covered while not in use. I've also chatted with Manuel from ZC and he confirmed it can be used in the winter but needs to be warmed up gently like any other oven to avoid thermal shock.
I tried to search online for order placing, etc. to understand the price point of Valoriani 75 and couldn't find it. Do you mind sharing price paid in the US?

Appreciate your feedback and once again best of luck with this beauty!!!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 09:41:13 AM by ilya_n »

Offline ilya_n

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2021, 10:36:40 AM »
Good luck with the new oven! It looks gorgeous and definitely has a lot of potential.

I noticed you keep saying that Zio Ciro needs to be out of the weather... do you mean you can't use it during rain/snow or store it indoors during the winter season? It seems that people keep ZC outside and one would want to have it covered while not in use. I've also chatted with Manuel from ZC and he confirmed it can be used in the winter but needs to be warmed up gently like any other oven to avoid thermal shock.
I tried to search online for order placing, etc. to understand the price point of Valoriani 75 and couldn't find it. Do you mind sharing price paid in the US?

I was able to find the pricing on Mugnaini's site as $6950 + shipping for the gas model. ZC SC80 is $4450 (wood/gas with stand). The price difference is pretty significant ...
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 10:40:14 AM by ilya_n »

Offline ilya_n

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2021, 10:45:56 AM »
Hereís an interesting video/review about the Valoriani baby from this German guy who dumped his Zio in the forest before.

Great review!!! It was a bit funny at 15:03 how he's still commenting about Valoriani but showing Zio Ciro oven instead  ;)

Offline djeyes

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2021, 11:10:51 PM »
I am also torn between what may be a better built Valoriani 75 vs an economical Zio Ciro SC80. I came across an Instagram account that uses both and said that the Valoriani may fell a bit sturdier but the Zio Ciro performed rather the same. I think I'm leaning towards the Zio and save about 2Gs

Offline GilScales

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2021, 12:22:38 AM »
I looked into the burner issue this guy had, and thereís little to no proof that you will have any problems with the P1. Actually the guy in the video was the only one on the Grillsportverein  forum who ever had a problem with the P1 so I wouldnít worry too much about the burner.
Pls keep us posted how your oven turns out and how the floor is, Maybe Iíll get one of these at some point instead of the Zio 80 or Pavesi.

His claim on the P1 was with propane and I am getting NG plus it did seem a little strange, it made no sense to me at all?, a propane bottle is a propane bottle, I will let you know but beware you are dealing with a newbie here, haha, I may have access to a real Pizzaioli though to give it a thorough review.

Offline GilScales

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2021, 12:27:50 AM »

I have read several times that during heavy rains to keep it covered, I thought they meant the exterior was fragile? maybe they were talking about water getting inside, not sure but others have also said in reviews to not leave it out and it needs a covered space so....?

After going back to the website it seems they do mention to cover in heavy rains but then they also talk about it being all weather rated so they may be concerned with water intrusion through the mouth of the oven which seems like something you would want to do with the Valoriani as well, I was probably overthinking it!

Mugnaini sells them here in CA, they have a different name for it but it is the same oven
https://www.mugnaini.com/product/piccolo-75/ $6,950 for the gas with all of the options available
« Last Edit: October 08, 2021, 12:42:10 AM by GilScales »

Offline ilya_n

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2021, 07:59:03 AM »
I have read several times that during heavy rains to keep it covered, I thought they meant the exterior was fragile? maybe they were talking about water getting inside, not sure but others have also said in reviews to not leave it out and it needs a covered space so....?

After going back to the website it seems they do mention to cover in heavy rains but then they also talk about it being all weather rated so they may be concerned with water intrusion through the mouth of the oven which seems like something you would want to do with the Valoriani as well, I was probably overthinking it!

Mugnaini sells them here in CA, they have a different name for it but it is the same oven
https://www.mugnaini.com/product/piccolo-75/ $6,950 for the gas with all of the options available

Yeah it's an outdoor oven and the shell is made out of fiberglass. The biggest concern is for the water not to get inside through the flue and if that happens you need to have a little re-curing process but all ovens are susceptible to that.