A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Solo stove PI - anyone seen it? interested in it?  (Read 5490 times)

Offline Essen1

• Lifetime Member
Re: Solo stove PI - anyone seen it? interested in it?
« Reply #160 on: May 19, 2022, 01:20:44 PM »
Ima impatient SOB is what happened.   That said, Solo’s customer service is top top notch.   Purchasing and subsequent cancellation was a “one and done” proposition.   Very easy to deal with.

Kudos to Solo. Great customer service is rare these days it seems.
Mike

“All styles of pizza are valid. I make the best I’m capable of; you should make the best you’re capable of. I don’t want to make somebody else’s pizza.” ~ Chris Bianco

Offline pizza-in

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #161 on: May 21, 2022, 01:45:53 PM »
I too cancelled my order.

Super quick response to my email requesting cancel. Kudos for great customer service.

Offline Quebert

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #162 on: May 21, 2022, 04:55:22 PM »
im out.    cancelled my order.   Will leave the reviews up to the other folks here.

I too cancelled my order.

Super quick response to my email requesting cancel. Kudos for great customer service.

Hay, if either of you fellas changes your mind Solo emailed me a $10 off coupon code lol.   If this oven had come out 2 weeks after they announced it I legit would have bought it.  For some reason I'm still super curious and want one, who knows I might order it down the road.

I find a $10 coupon code crazy, Even $10 off something like $300 isn't much of anything. And I wanted a $644 oven, OHHHHH it'll only be $633 now!!  I had to do a double take because I thought I misread it and it was 10%, which is decent. Nope, 10 whole bucks.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2022, 04:58:17 PM by Quebert »

Offline P K

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #163 on: June 20, 2022, 11:48:01 PM »
I would say the stock Versa will not do a Neo -  the top heat is way too weak for that .    Bakes are more like 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 minutes, no where near 90 seconds.

The specs claim 950 F ambient temp. Why can't it do a neo in 90?

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #164 on: June 21, 2022, 11:52:41 AM »
Temperature claims are pretty meaningless out of context. Heat balance is as important as temperature for NP.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline mosabrina

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #165 on: June 21, 2022, 03:27:49 PM »
That's what bothers me so much about everyone who spreads around the misinformation of "lowering the flame" with ooni ovens. The flame output is engineered to run at max flame with around +-800 on the stone.

You can see so many pizzas with undercooked top coming out of the koda 16 when the simple fix is to not lower the flame.

There was a video from kitchen & craft where he compared the koda 16 and karu 16. Biggest difference was the lack of crust coloration on the top of the koda 16, yet he lowered the flame.

Offline jojoscircus

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #166 on: June 21, 2022, 08:45:41 PM »
.  First review I've seen so far.    watching it now.

EDIT:  Appears to be well built.   Meh.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 09:23:43 PM by jojoscircus »

Offline mosabrina

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #167 on: June 21, 2022, 09:27:02 PM »
.  First review I've seen so far.    watching it now.

EDIT:  Appears to be well built.   Meh.

Just watched it. The bake looks very good especially compared to the solostove demo videos

From what I can see the oven can do neapolitan but not sure how much convection the oven has compared to their graphic on the website.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 09:28:39 PM by mosabrina »

Offline fishwater2002

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #168 on: June 23, 2022, 09:36:15 AM »
A good friend of mine just received his yesterday & we had a chance to use it last night. With zero pizza oven experience we all made some nice looking pizza’s. I used all of the tips & tricks I’ve picked up from here with great results, the other two guys suffered a little more with basic launching but after 7 smallish pies the oven was a success & the owner is very pleased. It’s a great design a expected, there is a nice back stop in front of the burner to help with the launch, the burner shape is great vs the Koda L shape. The floor temps varied from 700-almost 900 degree’s over the course of three hours run time. I liked the adjustable burner design, I would launch the pizza then turn the burner down to minimum wait a minute or so for the bottom to set & then turn the burner back up while I turned the pizza, not necessary but a brief doming at the end produced nice spotting, my typical bake time was around 3-4 minutes. It’s a great oven, if you want to do 12” or smaller pies it might be the one for you.

wordpress