A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
Off-Topic Foods / Re: Egg recipes
« Last post by Jackitup on Today at 01:49:53 PM »
Yeah another thing I tried back in the day that I wasn't impressed with. I'll revisit it soon.
I had no internet access at the time, so I was feeling my way in the dark. Should be able to do a much better job now.
The flock has been reduced by 20%. Hawk got one, and maybe the second one. 8 birds left, eggs coming at about 6 a day still.

Love them with horseradish and beer! Nobody loves me later though!!!😳🤣
Cookbook Reviews / Re: You're all kidding yourselves...
« Last post by werty20 on Today at 01:48:34 PM »
But I canít wait to hear more reviews from members here and to get my hands on it as well. Even a pig can sometimes show you where to find a truffle.
google for
Cooking with Myhrvold and Migoya's Modernist Pizza
some forums start to share and post results from the book
« Last post by wotavidone on Today at 01:42:17 PM »
Pickled eggs and onions!
Yeah another thing I tried back in the day that I wasn't impressed with. I'll revisit it soon.
I had no internet access at the time, so I was feeling my way in the dark. Should be able to do a much better job now.
The flock has been reduced by 20%. Hawk got one, and maybe the second one. 8 birds left, eggs coming at about 6 a day still.
Shop Talk / Re: Heated pizza holding box
« Last post by Fyre on Today at 01:39:15 PM »
Many Thanks!
« Last post by Jackitup on Today at 01:35:01 PM »
Pickled eggs and onions!
« Last post by wotavidone on Today at 01:27:15 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qSIdchvsu4&ab_channel=MrsKringle%27sKitchen
Hey, I do that! Basically let the steam cook the topside of the egg. Works great.

I'm going to meet up tomorrow arvo with an engineer I used to work with.
He's got a couple of mates enthused and they are doing a lap of the Flinders Ranges on their touring bikes this weekend. They are all Seth Efrikens, so I've done a batch of biltong.

But I want to take something else that will work with beer.
Years ago I tried my hand at smoked eggs , but I wasn't that impressed.

But I've been watching you-tube videos and reading up.
Did a few experiments earlier in the week.
Reckon I've got a workable plan, so today I'm going to smoke a dozen eggs the way that seemed to work best.

Pictures soon.

Wish I was as clever as these people. They've developed a way to smoke eggs at about 4C, they stay completely raw, the shelf life is radically extended, and the egg can be cooked anyway an ordinary egg is cooked.
https://smokedeggs.com/
Ah, sorry I wasn't more clear. Yes. I'm flipping the pan upside down and making NY style. I wanted a second pan that I could leave at other places so I don't have to lug this one back and forth.
Gotcha. I donít know anything cheaper than what youíve found. Do think about whether this is really going to be a workable long term solution for you thoughóif itís not, youíll end up buying something else later that you could just buy now. For example, a rectangular steel or stone is much more versatile. It can handle large rectangular pan pizzas, a variety of bread shapes, and itís much easier to launch a large pie onto a larger surface. If youíre only ever going to make small, round pizzas, this could be ok, but you are limiting yourself.
Pizza Ovens / Re: Valoriani baby 75?
« Last post by GilScales on Today at 12:13:58 PM »
Phase 2, getting it in the backyard, Danny's crane, they had the whole job done in 15 min. from set up to driving off, so glad I went this route!
Beside "Don't let the eyelet pull out, please don't let the eyelet pull out!" I couldn't help but think of one of my old favorite shows, Boston Legal with Denny Crane. ďDonít waste your time trying to get into my head. There's nothing there.Ē
Pizza Ovens / Re: Oven help, Pizzeria Pronto
« Last post by Itsamarmot on Today at 12:02:35 PM »
Thanks, thats what I thought.
New York Style / L'industrie
« Last post by calum4 on Today at 11:59:11 AM »
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has any ideas as to the dough recipe for L'industrie in Brooklyn?

It's one of my favourite pizzerias in NY but unfortunately living in Scotland I don't get there all that often!

I've been watching all the changes at L'industrie over the COVID period on Instagram and I'm desperate for some of their pizza.  As I can't get there just now, reverse engineering as the next best thing!

Anyone any ideas?  Hydration, flour type/blend, sauce recipe etc?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
wordpress