A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Need help with dough storage!!!!  (Read 765 times)

Offline AD80

• I Love Pizza!
Need help with dough storage!!!!
« on: September 25, 2019, 09:22:31 AM »
please excuse me if this topic has been discussed previously, I have searched older threads but not to much info was found. we are currently building out a new location and space is tight. want to utilize under-counter storage for dough trays what I have been finding is that most units have a step shelf because the compressor is in the rear, I believe beverage air and some trues have the compressor on the side which gives more depth to the unit, please correct me if I am wrong. For those of you that utilize this type of storage which manufacturers seem to work best for the standard dough trays " cambro" or similar. thank you for your input
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 09:26:04 AM by AD80 »

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
  • In Memoriam
  • In Memoriam 12/2020
    • Dough Doctor
Re: Need help with dough storage!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 12:51:07 PM »
Are you looking to use this for your cold fermentation space or are you planning to use it just for temporary holding of the dough for use during the day? The reason why I ask is because I've used prep-table storage at many pizza shows and I can attest to the fact that it just isn't up to holding any quantity of dough under sufficiently cold conditions to work if you are going to CF the dough for much more than about 18-hours. The units were never designed for that purpose. While not the best choice, a much better option for holding the dough during the CF period in a small shop would be a reach-in cooler or a rack type cooler. Reach-in coolers will not allow you to cross-stack the dough boxes so you will need to off-set then front to back for the cross-stack period.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

A D V E R T I S E M E N T