A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Tom Lehmann has Passed Away  (Read 16555 times)

Offline Bbqguy

• Supporting Member
Re: Tom Lehmann has Passed Away
« Reply #160 on: April 24, 2021, 04:26:02 PM »
Wow. I have been absent from here for some time due to health issues and just today heard of Tomís passing. I only had the opportunity of speaking with Tom here a couple of times but he was always ready to offer words of encouragement as well as help and I know how he has helped so many others. I know he will be greatly missed.
I started out with nothing. I have most of it left.

Offline Randy

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza, a great Lycopene source
« Reply #161 on: May 16, 2021, 12:03:37 PM »
I just saw this.  I hoipe his family is doing as well as they can.  Very sad indeed.

Offline eiram21

• Feeling Foodish
« Reply #162 on: May 16, 2021, 02:54:19 PM »
Very sad news - may he rest in peace. Tom will be missed by many.
Marie

Offline Bitonto Pizza

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #163 on: July 02, 2021, 09:16:32 PM »
I never met him personally but knew of him as a great guy. Thanks for sharing.

Offline Heikjo

• Lifetime Member
  • Sour dough = happy me
« Reply #164 on: July 03, 2021, 02:49:38 AM »
I just found out about this now since Iíve been absent for some tine. I was very sad to read about Tomís passing. He first and foremost seemed like a kind person with a friendly disposition towards anyone. Always helpful and incredibly knowledgable. We are lucky to have had him in the industry and especially on this forum, being one of the top contributors over the decade he spent here. From the deep technical discussions to helping someone with their problems. Iíll spend some time watching his videos that are out there. Thanks Peter for sharing some of them.

I quickly found out he was one of great knowledge when I found this place and I was very grateful when he gave me some help on my NY style endeavours. Iíll re-visit my NY style and make some pizza in his memory.

His legacy will live on in this forum as well as PMQ and other resources for many years yet. My thoughts go out to his friends and family. He will be missed very much.
Heine
Oven: Effeuno P134H

Offline Osprey37

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #165 on: July 07, 2021, 10:47:21 AM »
So sorry to hear this.  My condolences to his family and friends.

Offline oliveview

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #166 on: July 12, 2021, 04:05:34 PM »
Just reading this sad news...
So sorry to hear about his passing. My deepest condolences, to his family and friends. May he rest in peace.

Offline Quebert

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #167 on: July 19, 2021, 08:21:07 PM »
All these months later and I'm still wishing he was around :(

I don't remember specifics but one of my early posts was about the Doughmate boxes I bought to ferment my dough in.  I had this idea these were what the pros used and I was excited when I got them. Then Tom just happened to reply and said they're nice but he prefers sandwich baggies from Walrmart.  Imagine my surprise learning the Dough Doctor himself uses the cheapest of the cheap plastic bags to store his dough balls lol.

I learned from what he said you don't need to go crazy and spend a lot of $$$ on luxury items.   That one post from him got me to do a lot of research and ultimately saved me from spending a ton of money on things I really didn't need.   I know God's enjoying some world-class pizza.

Once again, R.I.P. Tom.

Offline QwertyJuan

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #168 on: July 26, 2021, 10:15:10 PM »
All these months later and I'm still wishing he was around :(

I don't remember specifics but one of my early posts was about the Doughmate boxes I bought to ferment my dough in.  I had this idea these were what the pros used and I was excited when I got them. Then Tom just happened to reply and said they're nice but he prefers sandwich baggies from Walrmart.  Imagine my surprise learning the Dough Doctor himself uses the cheapest of the cheap plastic bags to store his dough balls lol.

I learned from what he said you don't need to go crazy and spend a lot of $$$ on luxury items.   That one post from him got me to do a lot of research and ultimately saved me from spending a ton of money on things I really didn't need.   I know God's enjoying some world-class pizza.

Once again, R.I.P. Tom.

Oh, I agree. There have been multiple times that I've thought, MAN, I need to ask Tom that question, he would know. And then realize it's not gonna happen. I sure do miss that guy.

wordpress