A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: DSP Help with Higher Volume?  (Read 208 times)

Offline lavernes

• I Love Pizza!
DSP Help with Higher Volume?
« on: October 14, 2021, 03:30:21 PM »
Hey gang-
I have a problem that I can't seem to solve. I need to get 10 pies done in a 20min window with a home oven. I've been doing a lot of research and can't seem to figure out how to do pies any faster than I am right now which is 10 in about 90mins... I have a decent home oven with a great broiler but it's a touch small and I also have an ooni but it's unkind to DSP 

I have some dough proofing now and am going to try to par-bake/broil and see how that goes... but how do y'all do higher volume?
Any quick tips and tricks?
Par-bake the dough, set aside until needed, and then dress and broil?
Deck oven?
Or is this just totally unrealistic?

Offline Andrew t

• I am picurious
Re: DSP Help with Higher Volume?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2021, 09:45:40 PM »
you should consider how to hot hold the pies and keep them nice. insulated bags, sterno heated hot box, cambro box with heat sink plates

even par baked pies will take 10-12 minutes min. unless you can fit 5 at a time I don't see how it happens

you could also consider a time machine.

good luck

Offline foreplease

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2021, 12:53:40 PM »
Totally unrealistic.
-Tony

Offline Pizza_Not_War

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2021, 05:39:31 PM »
You can speed things up with a steel on bottom and one as close as possible to broiler. 10 in 20 doubtful. Shuffle pizza between the two steels.

Offline tntpizzasd

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2021, 07:56:06 AM »
If you have the space, find an old Wedgewood or O'keefe and Merritt double oven model - not an oven/broiler model. I think mine is 42' long. Can be found for cheap. With this setup can cook 8 pizzas at once, we used this to power our Detroit style popup and were turning out 60 pizzas a night, about 8 every 20 minutes. If not that I'd find one of the old 120v baker's pride countertop ovens to use as an auxiliary oven to your setup.

Offline Andrew t

• I am picurious
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2021, 06:45:41 PM »
If you have the space, find an old Wedgewood or O'keefe and Merritt double oven model - not an oven/broiler model. I think mine is 42' long. Can be found for cheap. With this setup can cook 8 pizzas at once, we used this to power our Detroit style popup and were turning out 60 pizzas a night, about 8 every 20 minutes. If not that I'd find one of the old 120v baker's pride countertop ovens to use as an auxiliary oven to your setup.

impressive.  ;D

wordpress