A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: par baked vs straight baked?  (Read 1934 times)

Offline Trout

• I Love Pizza!
Re: par baked vs straight baked?
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2022, 10:25:35 AM »
Andrew, do you top and bake the pizza while its still frozen, or do you leave it out until its more or less thawed?

Offline Andrew t

• I am picurious
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2022, 09:33:57 PM »
Andrew, do you top and bake the pizza while its still frozen, or do you leave it out until its more or less thawed?

For my pop up I let them defrost. I have baked from frozen for day off snacks, works fine. Longer bake and toppings can over cook if heat is too high. I've also made take and bake pies for friends with still frozen dough that all came out well.

I'm sure the whole thing would work just fine to make a bake from frozen pizza. The Modernist cusine folks have a good process they cover on the latest podcast. Someday, as my operation grows I'll figure out a market to sell it to. It would be a great option for a retail store in the fridge or freezer case.

Good luck.

Andrew

Offline Pizzabobs143

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2022, 08:15:29 AM »
Howdy,

I've done some side-by-side tests on doing the par bake vs straight bake with as identical of dough as can be. There hasn't been a hugely noticeable difference in results between the two. Currently being in a Detroit style spot with some amount of volume we've opted to par bake. This allows orders to come out a bit faster along with allowing us to have a greater amount of pizza's on hand than our pans would normally allow and takes away some of the working out logistics of proofing during service.

D3bsie.

Hey Debsie,

Can you share a bit of the par bake process? Do you let it rise in the pans first then par bake? Or you can go from refrigerated dough direct into pan and bake?

Trying to figure out the easiest process for high volume having hundreds of pans doesn’t sound like a solution.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress